All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-people not familiar with allstar/worlds trying to tell you "news" like someone telling me today "hey did you hear that f5 gym didn't win worlds? You know the ones with the blue and green? They put Xs or something on the globe? They brought golden memories back last year? I think they're from Pennsylvania? Yeah some call them BABS some call them golden."

my boyfriend tried to do this the other day. He said something like " that crazy tornado team did not win worlds this year? I thought that crazy gold and black team with all the leopard print won worlds?" I looked at him and said no just no!!! You stick to your basketball thingy and I will love my allstar cheerleading and never the two shall meet.

my boyfriend tried to do this the other day. He said something like " that crazy tornado team did not win worlds this year? I thought that crazy gold and black team with all the leopard print won worlds?" I looked at him and said no just no!!! You stick to your basketball thingy and I will love my allstar cheerleading and never the two shall meet.
Well dang I guess maybe I'm in the minority, but I totally love the fact that my husband is interested in the sport and wish if I were an athlete my significant other showed some type of interest.

I hate to say it, but the term "Clawstin" is going to drive me crazy.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

THANK YOU!! I do understand where to concept came from, but I thought it was more for marketing in the beginning. I didn't realize that tag will stick with us forever!! Although brand new, new teams, and need to prove ourselves (themselves).....we are the same CA as Plano with incredibly good coaches just like they have. We don't have trophy's, medals, or banners.....but neither did Plano 20 years ago. I truly hope that soon that 'tag' will go away and we can be just plane ole CA also!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone An Apple a Day Keeps the Android Away

TIME OUT FOR STUPID QUESTION: What Is hair chalk?????

It's like regular colored chalk, but for hair. If you want to use some funky cool colors on your hair (like pink, blue, purple, green, etc), but you don't want semi-permanent or permanent hair color for the highlights, you use the hair chalk instead.

Do you remember those colored wands of mascara that were supposed to be a way to add color for just one day/use? Think of the chalk as an updated, better version of that.

It's like regular colored chalk, but for hair. If you want to use some funky cool colors on your hair (like pink, blue, purple, green, etc), but you don't want semi-permanent or permanent hair color for the highlights, you use the hair chalk instead.

Do you remember those colored wands of mascara that were supposed to be a way to add color for just one day/use? Think of the chalk as an updated, better version of that.

Thank you!! Just never heard of it before!! One of the few things I do miss about big city life.....in the middle of no where by the time trends/fads make it here, they are uncool and unpopular!! hahaha

Thank you!! Just never heard of it before!! One of the few things I do miss about big city life.....in the middle of no where by the time trends/fads make it here, they are uncool and unpopular!! hahaha

Trust me- I live in NC and it's not like we get the trends as soon as they come out- I just love all things makeup, skincare, hairstyles and haircare. ;) Music trends I usually get sooner, but that's just bc of my dad's job- same kinda w/dances...as far as "fashion trends"....let's just say I'm glad places like Banana Republic, The Gap, JCrew, and Ralph Lauren have been around 20+ years!! Funny how I spent high school so rebellious against the "preppy look", but once I became an adult that's the "look" that stuck lol!!

Trust me- I live in NC and it's not like we get the trends as soon as they come out- I just love all things makeup, skincare, hairstyles and haircare. ;) Music trends I usually get sooner, but that's just bc of my dad's job- same kinda w/dances...as far as "fashion trends"....let's just say I'm glad places like Banana Republic, The Gap, JCrew, and Ralph Lauren have been around 20+ years!! Funny how I spent high school so rebellious against the "preppy look", but once I became an adult that's the "look" that stuck lol!!
I live in NC too!! I'm an Indiana native, and my cp would probably be a basketball player if we still lived there. (Ok, maybe not)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Well dang I guess maybe I'm in the minority, but I totally love the fact that my husband is interested in the sport and wish if I were an athlete my significant other showed some type of interest.
I admit it is nice that he tries lol but sometimes oh my lord the things that come out of his mouth!:rolleyes: He wanted to watch some of the Worlds coverage so we started watching it and he was making all of this commentary like he knew what he was talking about, trying to sing along to all the music and was making comments like "oh no they didn't!"and would snap his fingers like he was a sassy gay man:rolleyes: and would say things like they just didn't bring it today... by the end of it i was pretty much banging my head against a wall screaming let me just watch worlds in peace!!

THANK YOU!! I do understand where to concept came from, but I thought it was more for marketing in the beginning. I didn't realize that tag will stick with us forever!! Although brand new, new teams, and need to prove ourselves (themselves).....we are the same CA as Plano with incredibly good coaches just like they have. We don't have trophy's, medals, or banners.....but neither did Plano 20 years ago. I truly hope that soon that 'tag' will go away and we can be just plane ole CA also!!

I'm way out here in LA LA Land - and new - what does Clawstin mean? And since I'm at it - and I'm sure this is the all time dumbest question since I see this everywhere - what in the hell does BABS mean or stand for? LOL!!!

Back