All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i don't like when jump sections don't end in a jump to bac (level 5 obviously). i don't like when kids tell you "i know" when clearly they don't or else they wouldn't have done it in the first place.
i don't like it when kids don't look you in the eye when you're talking to them. not a fan of when parents questions every coaching decision you make although your child's team has had a very successful season.
i HAAAATE when you can't hear your music at an event (i.e. the milkhouse). TURN IT UP!
i hate kamikaze double downs or when flyers grab their bows from the front. lastly i don't like how people all of a sudden have amnesia and forget all of their manners at a competition (not saying excuse me or just being rude for no reason.

I hate when people put on a "show" at the end of their corner pass. Act like you've been there before, you are probably not the first person to throw what you just did, and I'm sure you won't be the last, it's really not the big deal you're making it out to be.

I hate when teams have flyers who pull their body positions differently. There was a team at worlds that half kick up scorp and the other half pull. It drives me crazy.

Why can't you transition with your arms down and clean? I don't think looking like a fool gets you there any quicker.

Blaming others when something goes wrong. It's not one person's fault, it's everyone's fault. You win as a team, and you lose as a team.

I hate when people put on a "show" at the end of their corner pass. Act like you've been there before, you are probably not the first person to throw what you just did, and I'm sure you won't be the last, it's really not the big deal you're making it out to be.

Ok this one I get. LOL

I hate unzipped skirts and tops. That is not a cute look-would you walk around school with your pants unzipped and rolled down?
I hate when I'm explaining something and someone interrupts me to tell their "suggestions". I get that the kids I coach are in college and have probably done some of this stuff before. But NEWSFLASH-so have I and I'm telling you the way I want it to be done...that's kind of what the coach does.

I seriously have the longest list of things that annoy me, but no time to write it out. I'm sure I'll be back to this thread.

I have A LOT haha, but my biggest 3 are:
-bases/backs who always blame the fliers. Believe it or not, it's not always their fault..
-People who come to competitions with their hair undone, uniform off, and make up not done yet. Your competiting in an hour and aren't even ready yet?
-when it's down the final 2 in awards, and the first team jumping up and celebrating while the second place team gets called. it is so rude and disrespectful..

i cannot stand this!!
or when people wait for the last second to put up their hair and do their make up before a comp and then take it all off right when they're done..
little flyers who think they can just sit there because they're small
someone not throwing a skill when everyone else is busting they're *** to at least try
i'm sure i could think of more..

i completely agree with all of these

When people just can not wait untill the end of a performance to walk in front of you.....I can not tell you how many times the announcer at Worlds asked everyone to wait untill a team was off the floor before you walked down isle or stairs yet there was non stop traffic walking in front of everyone, even coaches leading their entire teams around right in front of people trying to watch the compitition. Where did common courtesy go????

Me Too...esp. when I am taping a team...I have a huge camera and it has a big red light and I either giving the person the look or yelling at them that I am taping!!!

What made me SO mad last year, a girl on my team would go get drunk on Saturday night and not show up on Sunday to practice because she was "sick" when really she had a hangover. I swear she missed 1/3 of our practices through the whole year, and finally she got kicked off, because someone told them she wasn't really sick. She was hungover.

But I hate when people don't want to do something and slack off. (skip their turn in tumbling, do like 2 stunt sequences when the coach says do 5, ect.)
And gossiping parents.

i hatttttttte anyone that blames everyone BUT themself when something goes wrong.
ugh, i justtt hate it.
and i hate coaches who only care about themself and not the kids.

Back