All-Star Cheer Shirt Blankets?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Does anyone on here make blankets out of old cheer shirts? I have SO many shirts it's pathetic... half of them are not worn anymore and or just sweaty pits (I know, nasty... lol) and I don't really want to just throw them away.

Please let me know!
Thanks
Justin

I am unfortunately not a ton of help..but my friends Mom makes them actually and they turn out really well! I definitely plan to do the same thing probably within the next couple of years...so many cheer shirts, but some either don't fit/or I never wear anymore! haha From what I remember from her blanket and pillow case set her Mom just cut up the shirts into even squares still containing the main design and sewed them onto the material. I honestly can never see myself throwing away all these shirts so I think this is the way to go!! :D

I came across this too..but it looks really complicated!! http://diystyle.net/projects/home-decorating/t-shirt-blanket/

I just tried doing this with some of my old shirts last week: It was a failure to say the least. I would definitely recommend that you go to a professional for it!

My grandma made me one for one Christmas, she used a pre-made diagram from a fabric store to make it. So check Michaels or Jo Anns

i have been working on mine over break.... it is so much work! but i am really excited to have it once it is done.... it is going to have 50 shirts... each 13 inch x 14 inch squares
i am doing all the measuring and cutting and putting backing on and then my grand ma is doing the borders in between each square and then a lady down at jo anns is actually quilting it!

I made one for a walk for my friends daughter who has an illness and it came out beatiful but i cant figure out how to uplaod the pic lol

I made one for a walk for my friends daughter who has an illness and it came out beatiful but i cant figure out how to uplaod the pic lol
If it's saved on your computer, upload it to tinypic.com and then copy the Message Board/Fourm link and post it here!

14xypo3.jpg

Back