All-Star Cheer Shoes (varsity To Nfinity)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 3, 2014
I'm looking at buying new cheer shoes sometime this year and I've always liked the look of Nfinity shoes. But! I want to know a few things

1. What people think about Nfinity
2. What the best shoe for a level 1/2 athlete would be (like I think the vengeance wouldn't be a good fit for me because I see it as more of an upper level tumbling shoe)
3. Is there a sizing difference between the two brands?
4. Would anyone suggest something other than varsity or Nfinity?

Edit: I'm also a base if that makes a difference as to what shoe is best

Last edited:
Cp has worn No Limit the past few season, first the mesh ones and now V-Ros. She has been very happy with them and found them to have more support than Nfinity (she has worn both the Evolution and Vengeance).

Cp has worn No Limit the past few season, first the mesh ones and now V-Ros. She has been very happy with them and found them to have more support than Nfinity (she has worn both the Evolution and Vengeance).
I've been hearing such good things about the V-Ros. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Nfinity Vengeance. IMO, the mesh looks dingy all the time and they don't hold up at all. CP's shoes from August are on their last legs, and frankly, I'm surprised they've lasted this long.

OP, does your gym have a suggestion? I know ours stocks one brand of shoe in the shop, it may be the No Limits? I think that's what many of the younger girls use. Of course once they're sucked into Nfinity's marketing, we're on our own to order.

I've been hearing such good things about the V-Ros. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Nfinity Vengeance. IMO, the mesh looks dingy all the time and they don't hold up at all. CP's shoes from August are on their last legs, and frankly, I'm surprised they've lasted this long.

OP, does your gym have a suggestion? I know ours stocks one brand of shoe in the shop, it may be the No Limits? I think that's what many of the younger girls use. Of course once they're sucked into Nfinity's marketing, we're on our own to order.
The V-Ros have been great. They run really really small though. Cp wears a 9 in regular shoes and normally a 10 in cheer sneakers. She could have used a 10.5 in the V-Ros. I also always pull out the insole and put a sports orthotic in her cheer shoes regardless of the brand.

If you go with V-Ro's be warned they are expensive but like Cheerbank's cp my cp swears they are the best. They are available in black or white so before you order them make sure what color your gym will let you wear at practice and competitions.

**Honest bro, true story**

We have the Nfinity Evolution - they fit 2 sizes smaller than street shoes and they wear out quickly IMO - we've had 3 different pairs. My cp finds them more comfortable than the Varsitys she had before. But they are a mess by the end of the season. Her feet still grow so quickly that longevity doesn't really matter.

My gym stocks varsity and I've been using them for four years now (not the same pair but same type)
But they dont seem to care as along as they're a white cheer shoe

We've had really good luck with the newest nfinity's, the defiances. We went from the vengeance which last less then 3 months to these that we bought right when they came out. In fact I threw these in the washer and they came out great. Would never think of doing that to the vengeances. My daughter prefers these over any of her other shoes. She is a tumbler and has had no problem adjusting to them. They feel a bit wider then other cheer shoes but they are very light. When the time comes I'll be buying another pair of these.

You asked if there are any other shoes to consider. CP has had the Kaepa Stellarlyte shoe since August and it's holding up very well! It's a lightweight mesh shoe and I think it looks great too. If I was to buy her Nfinities it would be the Defiance, but they are almost twice the price! Stellarlytes are about $55. They run pretty much true to size.

stellarlyte__67203_zoom.jpg

I think I would rather buy V-Ros if I was spending more money, they sound awesome!

Last edited:
If you go with V-Ro's be warned they are expensive but like Cheerbank's cp my cp swears they are the best. They are available in black or white so before you order them make sure what color your gym will let you wear at practice and competitions.

**Honest bro, true story**
So much yes in this post. My cp also swears they are the greatest thing ever but if you order them you might want to make sure if you order black that you are actually able to wear them to practice and not be a distracting team member.

Since my cp isn't allowed to wear hers to practice Im speaking from experience!

They are in perfect shape, her Nfinitys not so much!

We've had really good luck with the newest nfinity's, the defiances. We went from the vengeance which last less then 3 months to these that we bought right when they came out. In fact I threw these in the washer and they came out great. Would never think of doing that to the vengeances. My daughter prefers these over any of her other shoes. She is a tumbler and has had no problem adjusting to them. They feel a bit wider then other cheer shoes but they are very light. When the time comes I'll be buying another pair of these.

Has she always used the Nfinity brand or has she had other cheer shoes?

Both you and her sound very happy with the defiance

I think my daughter would be happy with her Nfinity Defiances, but she refuses to give them a fair chance. They look much more durable than those awful Vengances.

I like the Vengeance, but I come from a dance/lyrical background and prefer the lightest shoes possible. The Defiance cheer shoes are great for tumbling and were originally marketed as a high school cheer shoe, making them much more durable. They are heavier and a little more awkward IMO. I love the Nfinity brand and couldn't imagine wearing anything else. Nfinities do run a little bit smaller and you should order 1-2 sizes bigger than your street shoe size.

Some more affordable options for a 1/2 level team might be Asics or nike cheer shoes. I have had good luck with both brands.

You asked if there are any other shoes to consider. CP has had the Kaepa Stellarlyte shoe since August and it's holding up very well! It's a lightweight mesh shoe and I think it looks great too. If I was to buy her Nfinities it would be the Defiance, but they are almost twice the price! Stellarlytes are about $55. They run pretty much true to size.

stellarlyte__67203_zoom.jpg

I think I would rather buy V-Ros if I was spending more money, they sound awesome!
I second these! These are what my team wears and I'm on my second season with the same pair and I also have a pair that I wear to my dental assisting classes every morning. I'm on a 4.2 and a backspot but everyone on our team seems to love these shoes versus the nfinities.

Has she always used the Nfinity brand or has she had other cheer shoes?

Both you and her sound very happy with the defiance
Always nfinity. Before the defiance she was in the evolution. They still fit (but are trashed) so I keep them in the car as a spare and when she does forget her cheer shoes and uses them, she complains the whole time about how uncomfortable they are. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because for three years they were fine. So I'm assuming that the defiances are just that confortable, making everything else second best.

Back