All-Star Cheer Superstitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

RoyalHighness said:
Okay so, i have 3 superstitions.

1.) I cant warm up my double. I have to just warm up my pass with pretty fulls in it and then just throw it on the floor.

2.) I absolutely HAVE to have my shoelaces tucked in to my shoes when I compete. If I walk on the floor and they arent tucked in i will sit down and tuck them in, even though they come undone in the first 2 seconds of the routine.

3.) Before I tumble when I compete I shake my shoulders in the diection i full (left) and rub my feet on the floor. I probably look somewhat like a bull..haha.

Hope it helps!

omg the shimmy in the corner! back in the day girls at my gym used to hardcore give you a shake before they tumbled.

blunchin said:
RoyalHighness said:
Okay so, i have 3 superstitions.

1.) I cant warm up my double. I have to just warm up my pass with pretty fulls in it and then just throw it on the floor.

2.) I absolutely HAVE to have my shoelaces tucked in to my shoes when I compete. If I walk on the floor and they arent tucked in i will sit down and tuck them in, even though they come undone in the first 2 seconds of the routine.

3.) Before I tumble when I compete I shake my shoulders in the diection i full (left) and rub my feet on the floor. I probably look somewhat like a bull..haha.

Hope it helps!

omg the shimmy in the corner! back in the day girls at my gym used to hardcore give you a shake before they tumbled.

haha! I know lots of people who do that, it does nothing but i have to or i dont double...haha

sjcal!lov3 said:
i have a piece of ribbon that i've had on my wrist for a year, just transfered down to my ankle because its so old it got stretched out.
i used to have lucky socks ever since the end of last season that i wore every practice and competition, they got disguisting and around new years were thrown out by my mom because she said it should be my "new years resolution." but i've been fine recently without them!
I have to walk out with the same person every competition,
one black hairtie on each wrist,
after we warm up tumbling i cant hug anyone besides one person,
theres way more, i have so many it starts to get rediculous... hahaha

I have a ribbon too! haha

the only really big superstition we had was we could never split anything like poles, etc., and we always said the lord's prayer right before we competed.

as for my own competitions i always had to re-tie my shoes before i went on, make them nice and tight cause i always worried they would be too loose and it might make me slip. it wouldnt be til after i competed that i'd realize how unbelievably tight i'd tied them and my feet would go completely numb ha. i also could only throw my running tumbling once and standing once in warm up. i freaked out if i had to do it more than that.

back in high school cheer, my junior year my stunt group NEVER warmed up our stunt. our assistant coach at regionals said warm your stunt up. and we were like no we never do, he made us, and we dropped it so he made us do it again so we hit. he was like i just needed you to have it out of your system.
i fell when we competed, well didnt fall but i dropped my body position and couldnt double =/ all his fault

i always walk around where im going to tumble at (spring floor, ground, mat) to make sure their are no holes or crack in it.

i wear the same underwear for competition. i have day one and day two lucky underwear. and i always have to use the same hairtie

My team would always all eat one BLUE pixie stick. Only blue. We would never split any poles,chairs,etc. Always walk onto the mat with the same person. Our coach would always do his little "motivational" talks before we walked onto the mat.

i used to be really superstitious when i was not very confident in my team like knocing on wood , chants, and lucky underwear! but now i do any of that anymore , because it would freak me out. now i just tell my self that i already know we can hit the routine and we dont need wood chants or underwear! :)

cheergirl09 said:
My team would always all eat one BLUE pixie stick. Only blue. We would never split any poles,chairs,etc. Always walk onto the mat with the same person. Our coach would always do his little "motivational" talks before we walked onto the mat.
one of my old teams did the blue pixie stick thing!!!!!!!

personal:
-lunch: peanut butter sandwhich (always) seriously ever since I started competing!
-splitting anything
-warming up tumbling only once
-my stretching order ie. stretch first then body positions on the ground

team:
-spitting anything
-our team mom sprinkles glitter on all of us :)
then we have a team chant before we go on--
5,6,7,8 L-E-G-A-C-Y Legacy, Legacy, Legacy pride.. you can't stop us. wooo!
"bows to the side, glitter on our lips, lookin really cool with our skirts on our hips<3"
-just last competition we created a little hand thing that we do when we go onto the mat too :) I love it!

my friend caitlin cant shave her legs. she did at our last (because you could have corn rolled the hairs on her legs, lol) and we got 2nd.

i dont warm up my triple toe touch bhs, EVER.

back stage we get in a circle, put our right leg out, and hold pinkys as baylee (HAS to be baylee) stands in the middle and goes our prayer.

i have to walk in to warm ups with the same person every time and we walk in going step, hip, step, hip, hip :)

uhhh we usually sing backstage what ever song is playing. last comp was party in the usa which worked perfect because it says ''so i put my hands up they playin my song and the butterflies fly away"

im sure theyre's more, but i cant think of anymore.

Back