All-Star Cheer Tan Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Remember that you're used to looking at yourself, so what might look like crazy dark tan to you probably looks fairly normal to other people. I recommend fake bake over tanning beds, they're starting to outlaw them where I'm from because of the carcinogenic effects. Each to their own, however, and whatever you're comfortable with :)

buy yourself a can of Netrogena or Loreal. Put lotion on your toes, ankles, front/back knees elbows, eyebrows, nostrils nail beds and knuckles. Have someone spray you...small areas with a back and forth motion. ( in a garage or stairwell in a hotel so you dont stain anything of become overcome by the fumes) imediatley wash your hands front and back with soap making sure you dont let water drip down your arms. Blow dry your body until you are not tacky to the touch. Repeat.... better than any spray booth for about $10 bucks!
In the shower works well so u can just scrub afterward. Sally's sells quicktan which is great!!

California Sun definatly has the best spray tans. I've gone to some places where you just look orange, but you they have a nice machine instead of a person so its more accurate! hope they have one near you!

I got a tan on a low level bed...I definitely got color. The salon (chain) advertised they had Versa but when I got there it was California Tan and only some of the chain stores had Versa which were to far away. I am going to look into another salon tomorrow that I think might have Versa. In the mean time I still have 3 more sessions on a regular bed. I will have some color by the weekend. ONLY...The whole point was getting a tan without UV.

IF you get airbrushed PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be by a professional...i've seen some SCARY airbrushes to the point i felt horrible for the kids cuz they had no clue they looked polka dotted :oops:

I am super pale and I get a spray tab before every single competition. I do the medium or dark versa spa and it will definitely make you look tan not orange. For your first time I would definitely go for the medium one! Hope this helped!

I am thinking there are many on here who might have experience in this department. I am heading south for a cheer comp next weekend and was thinking about looking marshmellow white...not a pretty picture. Maybe I should get a spray tan? Someone told me Mystic tan was the best but I really have no idea. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. I don't want to look orange just a nice healthy glow, nothing dramatic. Hollywood Tans? Beach Bum? Mystic? No idea???? Help!!!

I wouldn't define Ocean City, MD as "south" ;)

If yo come through Wilmington NC Skin Resorts is the place to get the best spray tan that looks natural!!!

If yo come through Wilmington NC Skin Resorts is the place to get the best spray tan that looks natural!!!

Unrelated to this thread but I LOVE Wilmington!!! Vacationed there a couple years ago and had a blast!!!

Okay, carry on with the spray tan talk. :)

For worlds I would like to get a spray tan but I have a question. I need to wear a lot of sun screen so I don't look like a lobster but does sun screen effect the spray tan in any way?

I highly recommend using a professional for spray tans. I've paid anywhere from $15-$50 to get my cp to get tan. I know it sounds expensive, but it is so worth it, to have it done by someone who knows what they're doing, plus it last so much longer. And of course, exfoliate, as others have said. Also home tan or professional, my cp and I have found that having another person use a soapy washcloth on the palms of hands and feet, work out a better than trying to rinse in the tub/sink.

Back