All-Star Cheer Tan Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

has anyone ever tried Versa Spa? I had a horrible experience with Mystic Tan a few years ago...it was scarring. and with prom and summer right around the corner, I need some help! does anyone have any advice?

I am thinking there are many on here who might have experience in this department. I am heading south for a cheer comp next weekend and was thinking about looking marshmellow white...not a pretty picture. Maybe I should get a spray tan? Someone told me Mystic tan was the best but I really have no idea. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. I don't want to look orange just a nice healthy glow, nothing dramatic. Hollywood Tans? Beach Bum? Mystic? No idea???? Help!!!
aghhh,.... "double dip" forsure. you want to go in to a bed/or booth and tan with U.V then get a mystic at a light (or maybe medium) if you look like a marshmallow go with light.
dont wear lotions on. youre gonna love it ;)

Im super pale as well I am such a fan of spray tans but at sallys they have a tool called "Salon Bronze" it's an airbrush gun and you can control how dark you get and it's so easy to do and the tan looks completely natural (as long as you follow the directions) It's $12.99 and $8.99 or cheaper for each refill.
Idea Village - Salon Bronze Airbrush Tanning System

Yea, she stole this from me. LMAO Love you Melissa!!! But, cheermeup and ufomom know about this as well because we've discussed it and Melissa has definitely fixed my tanning mistakes at NCA for little bit!! I just started using it this year and it really takes some practice but by last weekend I had it down pat. I mostly tan her during the cold winter months so I do it in the bathroom but it makes a terrible mess and I'm tired by the time I'm finished and always hate the cleaning up part. I can do little bit in 30 or 40 minutes. I tanned her twice before Worlds and she wanted to swim so I let her and I did notice that she was lighter after her shower so I took her outside and sprayed her again. (She wears an old bathing suit) I have yet to find a good way to keep the overspray from her feet and usually those look pretty bad but, her feet are in cheer shoes all weekend anyway so nobody even knows it but me. I can touch her up in 10 or 15 minutes.

cheercurl......get one and practice. You and M can tan each other. I use 1 cartridge the night before we leave (I do 1 coat on and let it dry then I hit the parts that show with her uniform 1 more time. Shoulders, legs, chest, stomach, neck, face) Then I take a new cartridge with us when we leave for touchups. I love my spray gun!!!

(Again, it's taken a lot of practice) Also I use makeup wedges that I bought at Sally's and I spray her face and pat pat pat with the sponge. Spray and pat pat pat. Spray and pat pat pat. Have a glove on the hand you'll use for the sponge. I will say the kids on her team were super jealous when they found out we travel with spray tan. LMAO But most of those kids do a tanning bed. I'm just not ready to let her do that at all!!

I used to religiously tan in a tanning bed. I was in pageants and competitive dance as a teenager and at 14 was using a tanning bed like 4 times a week. At 25 years old, when my son was 6 months old, I had my first precancerous area removed. :( if there is any advice I can ever pass on to a teenager, don't get in a tanning bed, EVER! It's not worth it, and spray tans look very natural now. Now with that being said, I have spray tanned my cp since she was 5 for competitions. I go to a professional that uses Norvelle products. It's well worth it, and never splotchy. There are multiple levels of color. You just have to experiment..

I used to religiously tan in a tanning bed. I was in pageants and competitive dance as a teenager and at 14 was using a tanning bed like 4 times a week. At 25 years old, when my son was 6 months old, I had my first precancerous area removed. :( if there is any advice I can ever pass on to a teenager, don't get in a tanning bed, EVER! It's not worth it, and spray tans look very natural now. Now with that being said, I have spray tanned my cp since she was 5 for competitions. I go to a professional that uses Norvelle products. It's well worth it, and never splotchy. There are multiple levels of color. You just have to experiment..

I wish I could shimmy this a bajillion times! NEVER NEVER NEVER go in a tanning bed, it's like a little cancer cooker. And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use at least an SPF30, even in the winter.

I don't know if anyone has said this, but Sun Tan City does good spray tans. I tan in beds so I don't know first hand, but a lot of my friends get theirs a few days before prom/graduation/etc and they turn out great. They aren't in every state, but if there's one near you then they have a ton of deals and coupons always going around. This year they did a $5 spray tan and I think they do a free trial week so you can do any of their beds year round. They have Mystic and Versa, but I've never seen a Mystic so I think it depends on the location.

But I would look into the DIY tanning! I think Victoria's Secret has a spray tan, haven't heard anything about it though!

I ended up going in a low level bed 3 times and I swear people asked me if I was in Florida. I tanned beautifully but I am not crazy about the idea of tanning in beds. I think I am going to try the Versa before I leave on vacation and see how that goes.

mstealtoyou What this is craziness you speak of! Spray tan my own body? I don't even pluck my own eyebrows. I have never even colored my own hair or trimmed my hair. Spray tan my own body? Let my 12 year old spray tan me umm...I am thinking no! BWAHAHAHAhahaha. :p I guess I will see how the Versa thing goes and then maybe talk to my older daughter about learning to spray tan with a Sally spray tan gun. Shhhhh....don't tell anyone but I can not even paint my own nails without paint ending up on my knuckles. I know right?

Back