All-Star Cheer Tech, Wildwood 12/1-12/2/12!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to butt in but don't you think their legality deduction had something to do with being that far behind... ;) I'm not sure how many points it cost them but I would assume that if they're 18 points behind that would be a big part of it
Cant confirm at moment heard Fab 5 had a legality issue day 1 fixed it for day 2 and thats why they jumped ahead with such a big lead with day 2.. even with some issues, one thing no matter what hit or bobbled you cant deny is fab 5's tumbling. Holy wow
honestly all the level 5 teams there were pretty darn fabulous for this early in the season

They were over 25 points behind. So it wouldn't have mattered. And she should be pissed at herself for having it in the routine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The way you worded your last sentence makes you come off as rude.
Clearly it was a mistake made on day 2 since there wasn’t any legality issue day 1.

Clearly it was a mistake made on day 2 since there wasn’t any legality issue day 1.
Wasn't meant to be. It wasn't a mistake. It was an illegally choreographed element. So coaches should only blame themselves for allowing a team to compete it. Being safety certified is important and not knowing what is or isn't legal in your routine is a coaches job.

Not to butt in but don't you think their legality deduction had something to do with being that far behind... ;) I'm not sure how many points it cost them but I would assume that if they're 18 points behind that would be a big part of it
Legalities are only 5 points at this comp. Their deduction sheet is posted online.

Wasn't meant to be. It wasn't a mistake. It was an illegally choreographed element. So coaches should only blame themselves for allowing a team to compete it. Being safety certified is important and not knowing what is or isn't legal in your routine is a coaches job.

And it wasn't caught the first day?

On a different note...LOVING Nitros new style, new uniforms, music, cleanliness and difficulty. Waiting for Nitros to come back from that really good allgirl team a few years back. What brought on all the changes this season?
to be honest, all summer the program was working on cleanliness. But, I would have to say it's the coaches. The people who coach our Sr 4.2 and Sr Coed 4 also coach Ignite. They push these kids HARD. Coed 4 and 5 had to do 100 standing tucks one practice a couple months ago. They condition hard and those coaches expect greatness. The three teams they coach won this weekend. I had that coach last year when I was on Sr 2, he made us a winning team and I'd love to have him for Sr 3. Girls from Ignite told me they were doing drills for conditioning and tightness during warmups and everyone was staring...but hey, it gets the job done.

And it wasn't caught the first day?
Guess not. That happens though. Either way they would have had a deduction day 1 or day 2 that is worth the same amount. So ultimately it doesn't affect placements if it is caught day 2 and not day 1

I guess I need to be more clear. I was comparing the margin of points from after Day 1 (1.5 points) to the insane gap after day 2 after seeing all 3 of the routines for Nitro, Fab 5 and CJA. I just don't see how the gap would be that wide when no one from either 3 teams saw it that wide. Nevertheless, all of the excellent allgirl teams will have an opportunity to get a bid again and World's should be a real treat this year.

we were told there was heated words exchanged at the photo/vidoe table and a man -big man hit a woman and knocked her down, he tried to leave security stopped him, the woman was still laying on floor and taken by emts. ( dont know exact details) but I am sure he had to be arrested or something

I just heard the man was from Fame. I sure hope he was arrested and the program bans him from attending another competition at the bare minimum. There is no excuse for hitting a woman.[/quote]

I just heard the man was from Fame. I sure hope he was arrested and the program bans him from attending another competition at the bare minimum. There is no excuse for hitting a woman.
[/quote]
FAME NY is my old program. I will see what I can find out for you all but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

I guess I need to be more clear. I was comparing the margin of points from after Day 1 (1.5 points) to the insane gap after day 2 after seeing all 3 of the routines for Nitro, Fab 5 and CJA. I just don't see how the gap would be that wide when no one from either 3 teams saw it that wide. Nevertheless, all of the excellent allgirl teams will have an opportunity to get a bid again and World's should be a real treat this year.
If Fab indeed had an illegal deduction on sat.. and fixed it by sunday.. there is your margin. It would explain the large jump in scores for fab. The routine is packed with technical difficulty. As level 5 should

Fab5's legality had something to do with letting go from a dismount to early and the timing of it all. Something that small as letting go before your count can cause a serious deduction. I'm guessing that could be the same for CJA.
Overall all teams were much cleaner on Day 1 of comp. Also many of the Sm Sr teams were really level 4 tumbling and stunting in my honest opinion.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering about the increase in scoring for Fab5 on Day 2...Their raw score without the legality would have been a 163 on Day 1, but they scored a 168 on day 2 with three falls, which potentially should have cost them anywhere between 9 and 15 points in deductions. ECN performed significantly better on day 1 as well, yet their day 2 score remained in the 160s as well.

By the way, congrats to ALL the bid winners! You look great and should be proud.

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering about the increase in scoring for Fab5 on Day 2...Their raw score without the legality would have been a 163 on Day 1, but they scored a 168 on day 2 with three falls, which potentially should have cost them anywhere between 9 and 15 points in deductions. ECN performed significantly better on day 1 as well, yet their day 2 score remained in the 160s as well.

By the way, congrats to ALL the bid winners! You look great and should be proud.
I don't see stunt falls on the deduction sheet on their website. It only says if someone's body hits the floor in both tumbling and stunting.

Back