All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like it's common knowledge that over stretching muscles can cause injuries buuut I guess not.

Word.

I watched this and cringed the whole time. I understand bringing in new and fresh eyes, but I'm not sure I could (as a mom) sit by and watch these two come into my daughter's team and not feel the urge to pull her (assuming I even had to think about it). I know AwesomenessTV edits for drama, but this looks wholly unhealthy and nothing like I want cheerleading to be portrayed as.

oh boy... here comes the fierce board self induced drama.
how does anyone know that someone is actually being overstretched from 5 seconds of cut scenes from a one minute video?

judging by this video, i can tell the nurse is torturing this poor girl...

that alcohol cotton swab mustve been intense, judging by her reaction. someone fire that nurse!!

It's 2015, who still vaccinates their kids anymore, anyways... :confused:.

On a serious note, comparing a medically necessary (in some eyes, not in other's) procedure to stretching in a totally optional sport is a stretch. Trust me, at the age of three I didn't want to sit in front of a piece of glass and watch my neck get sliced open to remove a tumor (putting me to sleep was too risky), but it had to be done and I had to be held in place for it. That isn't the same as when I did cheer and had a coach push down on my shoulders to stretch my hamstring which lead to an immediate injury. One is necessary, the other was a poor judgement call.

I'm not pitch fork ready, but I also won't hold back my lack of sympathy if Eddie and Orby suffer, in any way, from the way this show is edited and aired. IMO, they knew what they were signing up for it and this trailer, makes them look bad. Not that they are bad or are always bad, but that one minute or however long, didn't look good.

Could be the editing or not. Overstretching and pushing too hard when stretching can cause injuries, but this isn't abnormal from what I've seen. Watch a stretch private one day, you might be unpleasantly surprised if that little snippet shocks you.

Also to add, watch what some of these children do on their own when threatened with being taken out of the air if they don't hit that needle...

It's 2015, who still vaccinates their kids anymore, anyways... :confused:.

On a serious note, comparing a medically necessary (in some eyes, not in other's) procedure to stretching in a totally optional sport is a stretch. Trust me, at the age of three I didn't want to sit in front of a piece of glass and watch my neck get sliced open to remove a tumor (putting me to sleep was too risky), but it had to be done and I had to be held in place for it. That isn't the same as when I did cheer and had a coach push down on my shoulders to stretch my hamstring which lead to an immediate injury. One is necessary, the other was a poor judgement call.

I'm not pitch fork ready, but I also won't hold back my lack of sympathy if Eddie and Orby suffer, in any way, from the way this show is edited and aired. IMO, they knew what they were signing up for it and this trailer, makes them look bad. Not that they are bad or are always bad, but that one minute or however long, didn't look good.
That must have been terrifying!!! I hope they gave you all of the popsicles you could ask for.

That must have been terrifying!!! I hope they gave you all of the popsicles you could ask for.

Looking back, I don't know how I didn't come out of that experience as a basket case. It marked the first real cemented memories I have from childhood, and it was the beginning of two years of intense chemo and h*ll (I was diagnosed in 89 when they really had no idea how to really treat me), but I'm alive and I definitely got lots of ice cream. I used to crave grease during treatments so my mom would order Hungry Howie's pizza because of the amount of grease it had dripping off the slices. Totally unhealthy, but I loved it.

And randomly, this is why I had to give up cheer. My doctors were too concerned with me doing any real tumbling to allow me to cheer past like 6th grade because they didn't want me to break any bones...yet, they allowed competitive dance? Not sure he knew what he was agreeing to, but I didn't question him.

Anyhow, off-topic, but back to CheerHab. It'll be interesting to see how the season of it plays out, will the whole season actually play out and all that jazz.

the team from the upcoming season:

got 1st place.

B7quFVnCYAEfBxD.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post. But I think this is a problem in all gyms not just Eddie and Orby. I have been in gyms when consultants come in pushing people to the point where they are pulling muscles and tearing ACLs etc. I think it should be part of coaches training to have some basic sport medicine knowledge and even personal training knowledge.
I agree but I think part of it is the fact that these kids have never conditioned like this before. They either didn't condition at the level they should have been or they slack off & aren't corrected. They should not be put in danger of injuring themselves. Kids are dramatic & will scream and cry when they struggle with the workout

I agree but I think part of it is the fact that these kids have never conditioned like this before. They either didn't condition at the level they should have been or they slack off & aren't corrected. They should not be put in danger of injuring themselves. Kids are dramatic & will scream and cry when they struggle with the workout
Yes they're dramatic but you should not be stretching someone to the point they're about to pass out. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I'd want my CP or myself at a gym that needed Cheerhab. I feel like that's admitting that the coaches don't know how to coach. I truly believe that there's a difference between bringing in outside eyes, and bringing in two coaches with the specific intent being to "rehab" your routine. I have guest coaches come in every so often for a new POV, but I don't think I should be coaching if my athletes were such a mess that I needed "Cheerhab."

Just my two cents.

I'm not sure I'd want my CP or myself at a gym that needed Cheerhab. I feel like that's admitting that the coaches don't know how to coach. I truly believe that there's a difference between bringing in outside eyes, and bringing in two coaches with the specific intent being to "rehab" your routine. I have guest coaches come in every so often for a new POV, but I don't think I should be coaching if my athletes were such a mess that I needed "Cheerhab."

Just my two cents.
It would also raise red flags for me because it meant my coach wanted the attention by having it filmed and shown on social media.

Back