All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looking at it from a different point of view, some parents may not have been able to physically afford this expensive sport. My parents supported my cheerleading financially until I was sixteen. Then they had to sit me down and say they could no longer afford it. Since I was cheerleading nearly every day I couldn't hold a job and cheer at the same time being in full time education still. I worked for two years and I now pay for my own cheerleading whilst at university. My parents used to come to one odd competition, not because they didn't want too but because we couldn't financially afford to pay for me to travel to an event as well as them.

Last edited:
I've always paid for my own cheerleading. I could rarely count on my parents for rides, and they have only ever come to one of my competitions out my 12+ years in the sport. I didn't realise how sad it was until the kids started talking about it... I think I was just overly independent from a young age? Or just too young and naive to notice...
Same! I've always been really independent and I haven't mind taking care of stuff myself.

I did tear up watching this episode. Other kids calling them "ghetto" and "poor" at competitions... That's really really awful.

I've always paid for my own cheerleading. I could rarely count on my parents for rides, and they have only ever come to one of my competitions out my 12+ years in the sport. I didn't realise how sad it was until the kids started talking about it... I think I was just overly independent from a young age? Or just too young and naive to notice...

same i have to pay for my own cheerleading and had to sometimes ask for rides from others

Last edited:
I completely understand not being able to afford cheer. As a parent, we are having to make some decisions about my cp for next year.
What I cannot understand is not supporting your child in what they choose to do as a sport. Cannot. I don't care if it's underwater basket weaving, I'll be there with my snorkel and watch. Although I do understand not being able to travel with your child if you can't afford it. That, again, comes under the financial issue that many of us have. But we as parents can still support; wish good luck, arrange for travel plans with another family for my kid, texting for results, etc.
I had a mother who could have cared less that I played soccer. It burns me up to this day.

Its totally understandable that some parents can't afford for kids to participate in organized sports. All organized sports are expensive and there are other things that have to come before sports. I know in Canada, there are actually government programs to help parents pay for their kids sports and you do get tax breaks for them as well. But not being supportive at all is so wrong, I can't ever imagine not supporting my kid in something he wanted to do. I don't think my son will become a cheerleader but he is only 2 so maybe there is still hope!

Just like @Cheermom1969 said, I don't think there are too many parents out there, that don't understand that kid sports are expensive and you may not be able to finically support a very expensive sport, especially a sport like all star cheer; but to not mentally and physical not supporting your kids,is something I can't wrap my head around.

Last edited:
My dad does not like that my sister and I got into all star cheer. He attended 2 competitions in the whole 5 years we have been cheering. It drives me nuts that he only sees it for the expense and doesn't see the great things we learned from the sport. He always compliments me with things like "You're so confident in yourself." What he doesn't realize is that I get that confidence from cheer. Cheer is not all about learning how to throw someone in the air, or executing the perfect tumbling pass (though there's absolutely nothing wrong with either!), but there are great things to be learned from sports.

Even though i do not cheer my parents have never understad why i love cheer. they just sees it as a waste of time. sure i am an adult but most of my friends are the same.

My dad does not like that my sister and I got into all star cheer. He attended 2 competitions in the whole 5 years we have been cheering. It drives me nuts that he only sees it for the expense and doesn't see the great things we learned from the sport. He always compliments me with things like "You're so confident in yourself." What he doesn't realize is that I get that confidence from cheer. Cheer is not all about learning how to throw someone in the air, or executing the perfect tumbling pass (though there's absolutely nothing wrong with either!), but there are great things to be learned from sports.

That makes me sad. CP was on a team last season (yeah, talking like tiny/mini age) with a little girl who's dad had that same thought. Out of their 5 competitions, he attended one and a half. I say half because he was late to one so he didn't see them perform or get their award, but he made an appearance.

I just nedd to say this. eddie ad orby are just so cute together!

Omg I was going to say the same thing! When you see them like how they where in the car you really do realise they're totally different and yet they work soooooo well together!! Eddies like full on leave me alone mood and Orby's just like nooooo *pokes grizzly sleepy bear* (not literally it's the imagery I have in my head)

Omg I was going to say the same thing! When you see them like how they where in the car you really do realise they're totally different and yet they work soooooo well together!! Eddies like full on leave me alone mood and Orby's just like nooooo *pokes grizzly sleepy bear* (not literally it's the imagery I have in my head)

Hahha yeah me too. Ive always loved them. sure they've done things that may not be really good but who have not..

Back