All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The crying? Why? Like there is no reason! Unless you've busted something! Don't take one failure into another part of a routine. Drop it and leave it!
To be fair, she probably was feeling some serious self-imposed pressure and felt horrible when she couldn't perform the way she wanted to. (based totally on personal experience)

There are a bunch of kids in our program that I've never even seen their parents. This is our first year back after a break ( money issues suck :S) but even when we were there for the previous 7 years , there were kids that grew up in the program with my cp that I've never met the parents. They basically paid for them to go and that's about it. Didn't even go to the competitions. It blows my mind and makes me very sad for the kids.
I'm so grateful that my mom supported me cheering. I know I complain a lot on the board, but I feel like cheer carries an extra stigma for girls and one for boys that is similar to that given to dance and gymnastics. That must hurt for your parents not to care.

To be fair, she probably was feeling some serious self-imposed pressure and felt horrible when she couldn't perform the way she wanted to. (based totally on personal experience)
I thought she busted on tumbling; I assumed she was hurting.

It wasn't just one girl though. Although I am one of these athletes that hold everything in. I'm the girl in the wings crying and or ranting in the wings after

But in all seriousness if eddy and Orby showed up at my gym
1. I'd be running and hiding
2. I'd be terrified to even look at one spot for too long let alone crying in fear of being punished with conditioning or running!

(If that makes any sense)

I'm just now watching this episode. I liked it. Who knows with the editing but my "guess" is the girls crying are feeling the pressure of performing in front of E & O and having the routine sort of fall apart. Heck, my cp has been doing the same thing at practice lately. Little Miss Emotional all of a sudden when things aren't going well for her. I keep wondering what Eddie is thinking about her! lol

I'm just now watching this episode. I liked it. Who knows with the editing but my "guess" is the girls crying are feeling the pressure of performing in front of E & O and having the routine sort of fall apart. Heck, my cp has been doing the same thing at practice lately. Little Miss Emotional all of a sudden when things aren't going well for her. I keep wondering what Eddie is thinking about her! lol

It probably is bad editing to make it look like they where crying over nothing. Like routines are going to fall apart the first time you run them full out I don't see why they had to show that.
Like why the tears don't show them crying during a full out show them crying during conditioning or something!

As for your L.M.E, he probably looks at her roles he's eyes and thinks "tsk perfectionist diva!"

Part of my job is content creation. It's interesting to listen to the music chosen for each segment. Like they played the 'quintessential struggle music' during the routine. Or the 'happy fun intro/travel music'. It's part of the setup to influence the mood/tone of each section. It's fascinating.

Part of my job is content creation. It's interesting to listen to the music chosen for each segment. Like they played the 'quintessential struggle music' during the routine. Or the 'happy fun intro/travel music'. It's part of the setup to influence the mood/tone of each section. It's fascinating.

Isn't that what they do in every movie or TV show we watch?
I always notice that too, the music that sets the tone. It sort of makes me laugh.
I also watch the background a lot because a lot of times people in the background (the extras) are pretty entertaining.

Isn't that what they do in every movie or TV show we watch?
I always notice that too, the music that sets the tone. It sort of makes me laugh.
I also watch the background a lot because a lot of times people in the background (the extras) are pretty entertaining.
Yes and no.

Music is used in a variety of ways throughout films: to convey an emotion, to contrast a situation, to evoke a response, to add to a character, or even just as scene embellishment. In the short film I'm doing, the music choices were VERY specific to set the tone of the scene/environment. Or sometimes to convey who the 'bad guy/girl' is vs the person they want you to empathize with. I love the scenes with 'confusion' music during reality tv. It's awesome.

My favorite example: John Williams' score for Harry Potter. Hedwig's Theme is a GORGEOUS piece of music. The rush when the main Great Hall portion of the theme hits is indescribable. I love his work- it's incredibly dynamic and sweeping.

Yes and no.

Music is used in a variety of ways throughout films: to convey an emotion, to contrast a situation, to evoke a response, to add to a character, or even just as scene embellishment. In the short film I'm doing, the music choices were VERY specific to set the tone of the scene/environment. Or sometimes to convey who the 'bad guy/girl' is vs the person they want you to empathize with. I love the scenes with 'confusion' music during reality tv. It's awesome.

My favorite example: John Williams' score for Harry Potter. Hedwig's Theme is a GORGEOUS piece of music. The rush when the main Great Hall portion of the theme hits is indescribable. I love his work- it's incredibly dynamic and sweeping.

The John Williams and Hans Zimmer stations on Pandora were my go to stations for writing essays in school. There's just something about a great movie score.

the giver uppers!! Again whhhhhhhhhy?? Omg! I would be terrified to give anything less than %110. I'm quietly surprised Eddie didn't full on rip into the girl for talking back!!

It's good to see both Eddie and Orby getting in there and being like "no you dance like this wham bam drop turn head up fierce!"

I'm liking it but at the same time something is bugging me about the eps and I can't put my finger on it

Back