All-Star Cheering On A Regular Allstar Senior Level Team 2 Years In College?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 30, 2010
I understand that in some situations girls/guys are able to cheer two years in college. How does this work? What month do you have to be born in to do this?

Ex. Kimsley Crews from CEA graduated in 09 and she was able to cheer in 2010 and 2011.

If anyone knows please let me know! Thank you :)

Kimsley has a late birthday. I believe her birthday is in October. So she turned 18 and 19 after the cutoff date of August 31st. You have to be 18 or younger before August 31st to cheer on a senior level team.

Well depending on what state you live in there are different cut off dates to start school which can allow this, not including those that start school early or skip grades when younger. For example,when I lived in California the cutoff date was around December 1st to start school where as if I was in Texas who had a cutoff date of September 1st I would have had to wait a full year to start kindergarden and thus been one of the oldest in the grade rather than the youngest in my grade in California. When I moved from Cali to Texas at the time I ended up being younger than a lot of people in the grade below me due to this and was technically the age of say an 11th grader when I was a 12th grader, thus allowing me if I wanted to keep cheering allstars in college the typical 1 year out of high school and an additional year on top of that with senior eligability. Does that make sense? lol.... kind of difficult to explain. Essentially if you graduate high school when you're 17 and don't turn 18 until after August 31st you can do it.

CP has a September birthday. She started HS at 13 (because of the CA Dec. cut off for school). She would be able to cheer All Star for 2 years of College.

Basically I think most of the kids you see able to do 2 years have Sept, Oct, Nov birthdays.

When it was May 31st for cutoff, there were a LOT more people who could super- and super super-senior on teams. I myself could have back then (all of 3 years ago lol) because my birthday is August 24th. Now you have to be a Sept, Oct, Nov, or Dec baby..

My birthday is in Oct of 92 so I dont turn 19 until this oct so im able to cheer senior level even though im a college sophomore. If you graduate when you are 17 and your birthday is august or later you can super super senior meaning you can cheer your sophomore year of college

Back