High School Cheerleader Nation Is Streaming On Lifetime!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just asked Fierceboard what some of the girls were up to now.

Ryan is Spirit Director/Coach at UA-Birmingham and probably has had the most notable cheer career of everyone (starting out at I think UK and ending at Bama.)

A couple of them cheered a year or 2 at UK or UT but didn't graduate from there.

I do remember someone posting that ALL of Ayrica's younger sisters have gone on to cheer for Dunbar.

Last edited:
I used to love this show. When I was getting into it they were in its last few episodes of the last season :( Every time I find a good show it always gets cut or canceled from TV viewings. This is annoying! They need to have more Cheerleader shows out.

I remember before they moved to Youtube CJA had the show on CMT. Loved how it was drama free and just showed cheering as a whole.

Also there was the show on TLC but they spent too much time focusing on the parent squabbling rather than the kids/coaching themselves.
Yes! I feel like obviously "cheer people" are watching because we like cheer... Then they focus too much on the drama... And loose viewership and wonder where the audience went?!?! ... Hello... We want to see the athletic and competitive aspect of the show... Not the drama! You can focus on a particular struggle or a parent issue... But move on... Don't make it a focus... This is why I feel YOU TUBE and AP shows are becoming so much more popular than TV. Executives aren't "getting it"...
I loved that show too by the way,I think you're talking about "Cheer Perfection" and the poster before was talking about the show with CJA.
I'd like to see a docu-type show similar to American Cheerleader (but a show) ON TV following 3 different schools. (2 rivals and 1 just starting to break into the Nationals scene and build a program from bottom up)... I'd love to see the same in Allstars (focusing on 2 big name rival gyms at the same time and a small gym trying to make it)... THIS would interest me soooo much!

I swear they didn't show how hard core their REAL practices were to give away any trade secrets because you know Dunbar don't play.
- Ayrika's work ethic ...spot on. Couldn't help but choke on my chicken soup when she said "crying won't make you hit"
I think the MTV show showed a lot more practice footage than the Lifetime one did. I can remember them going to camp, conditioning and addressing alternates. I was really young, so I don't remember too much, but it was stuff they didn't really show on Lifetime.

Update courtesy of @ErinS in the Random Thread:

"Amanda. The freshman that would get a phone for her full, cheered at Tennessee.

Chelsey, Saleem's fav cheered on the JV team at UK. Sometime between now and then she dropped out, got pregnant, and then later married an older guy.

Ashley, the flyer that always looked sad and confused also cheered at UK on the JV team. Don't know if she ever went to varsity.

That's all I know/recall"

See also:

"Cheerleader Nation" WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!: Cheerleader Nation WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!

Also per Facebook: It looks like Chelsey has two kids now?

So really, the only girl who cheered all the way through college was Ryan.

I just asked Fierceboard what some of the girls were up to now.

Ryan is Spirit Director/Coach at UA-Birmingham and probably has had the most notable cheer career of everyone.

A couple of them cheered a year or 2 at UK or UT but didn't graduate from there.

I do remember someone posting that ALL of Ayrica's younger sisters have gone on to cheer for Dunbar.
I saw Chelsea on facebook a while back. Her picture showed up on my timeline with a mutual friend. She has a couple of kids now, one that looks just like her. Ashley was on that show Cheerleader U for Kentucky. That's the extent of my knowledge on the whole "where are they now."

I saw Chelsea on facebook a while back. Her picture showed up on my timeline with a mutual friend. She has a couple of kids now, one that looks just like her. Ashley was on that show Cheerleader U for Kentucky. That's the extent of my knowledge on the whole "where are they now."
What is her Facebook name? I can't remember which one she is.

Watching now - I watched the first time it was on, and that was right about when my oldest started doing all-star. Now having been through school cheer as well, I cannot believe these parents get to stand there and watch the tryout clinics and tryouts.

Loving all the Soffee shorts, and wouldn't it be nice to have Debbie Love on your high school mat helping out with tumbling?

Watching now - I watched the first time it was on, and that was right about when my oldest started doing all-star. Now having been through school cheer as well, I cannot believe these parents get to stand there and watch the tryout clinics and tryouts.

Loving all the Soffee shorts, and wouldn't it be nice to have Debbie Love on your high school mat helping out with tumbling?
Plus they get access to Saleem, and he and Jomo have coached at UK. I love the fact that they were roommates at the time. Kentucky kids literally have everyone in their backyard. Heck, NLMS works with Morhead All-Girl to learn their stunting, so I assume that they get early access to Mark as well. They are so. Lucky.

I had never heard of this show. Now I have to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back