All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nope. I went to Baldwin. I'm not sure what her first name was but it was the owner of that school so her last name was Baldwin.

I went to Baldwin (that's that place back up in the cut off of Two Notch right?) for that class thing where they gave you pizza.

But I had a black lady from another school for the in the car training. I bet I'd recognize her if I saw her on the street. Maybe.

I find the whole drivers ed in america sooo fascinating compared to here in England, to start with we can't drive until we're 17 and half the time it takes people about a year to pass?

I find the whole drivers ed in america sooo fascinating compared to here in England, to start with we can't drive until we're 17 and half the time it takes people about a year to pass?

keep in mind that it varies state to state here. in NJ, if you choose to pay for behind the wheel driving instruction (and pass the written test), you can get a one year permit from 16 - 17 where a licensed driver over a certain age (either 21 or 25? can't remember) must be in the passenger's seat at all times. then at 17 you can take the road test and if you pass you get a "provisional" license that limits the number of passengers allowed in the vehicle as well as the hours you are allowed on the road (i think they must be off the road by 12:00 am?) then at 18 you get a full license with no restrictions.

i do believe NJ is one of the stricter states, though.

It does vary a lot from state to state. For example, in Florida you are allowed to have a learners permit at the age of 15 (bearing that you pass a written road rules and signs exam first). The learners permit only allows you to drive with a licensed driver over the age of 21. Then when you turn 16 you can get your license with some provisions. The provisions are really only curfews. At 16, no driving past 11PM at 17 it is 1AM. Then at 18 you have no restrictions. But the driving test itself is SO easy here.

It does vary a lot from state to state. For example, in Florida you are allowed to have a learners permit at the age of 15 (bearing that you pass a written road rules and signs exam first). The learners permit only allows you to drive with a licensed driver over the age of 21. Then when you turn 16 you can get your license with some provisions. The provisions are really only curfews. At 16, no driving past 11PM at 17 it is 1AM. Then at 18 you have no restrictions. But the driving test itself is SO easy here.

Same in SC but the curfews are earlier. 6pm during daylight savings and 8pm when it's not. (or maybe the other way around? Whenever it's lighter longer you can stay later.) But it's pretty easy to get around it with a form/letter submitted by your employer or coach saying you had to drive for work/practice beyond those hours. And the time frame is a little different. 15 for written test, then you can take the road test after 6 months and completed driver training course. So you can drive by yourself potentially at 15 and a half with your "restricted". That's when your time restrictions kick in. Then with no points on your license or accidents it becomes a full license in a year, I believe. Maybe 17.

Either way, you can drive pretty young in SC. But the road test is a little harder.

Parallel parking is the worst.

During my in the car training with the drivers school people I may or may not have (aka definitely did) told off my lady and cursed her whole family for yelling at me while teaching me to parallel parking. I also called her triflin' for making me take her thru the Wendy's drive thru during my first session.

Tensions were high that day.....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
It is the worse! I don't understand why its such a large part of the test, I would rather park 2 blocks away from where I'm going then parallel park.

And I don't blame you I feel like anyone teaching someone else to drive just gets crazy. The second time I failed the woman asked if I had even practiced all sassy like and I told her "Iv already failed, Get out of my car." whoops.

Where I live you can start taking drivers ed at 14, then once you've completed all of it you take a written test at 15 for your permit, and you can take your road test for a license at 16. But you have restrictions for 6 months, I think its like you can drive from 6am to 10pm and you can only have 1 non family member in your car.

As @minamay and others have said, here in Florida we don't have to parallel park. Which I probably should've learned anyways as when I go to Old St. Augustine it's either pay for parking in the garage, parallel park on the side of the road, or find a lot where you don't have to pay that actually has an open spot. The test here was drive around a neighborhood, 3 point turn, back straight for 50 ft, park between cones, and tell the instructor which way to turn the wheel when parking up/down hill

As @minamay and others have said, here in Florida we don't have to parallel park. Which I probably should've learned anyways as when I go to Old St. Augustine it's either pay for parking in the garage, parallel park on the side of the road, or find a lot where you don't have to pay that actually has an open spot. The test here was drive around a neighborhood, 3 point turn, back straight for 50 ft, park between cones, and tell the instructor which way to turn the wheel when parking up/down hill

This is probably why they say Florida has some of the worst drivers. I'm one of them (sometimes). here in jax, I didn't even have to leave a course in the dmv parking lot. But that was 7 years ago. ( I'm old)

Back