All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Look like what? Open with courtyards? From the all the ones I've seen and attended. Yes!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

yeah, haha. My high school was all one very contained building with a fake courtyard we weren't allowed to go on to.

yeah, haha. My high school was all one very contained building with a fake courtyard we weren't allowed to go on to.
When my friend visited from Colorado he was shocked too! His theory was that since we don't have snow or have any crazy weather we can have our courtyards and outdoor spots.

high schools in california actually look like that? I thought that was just in the movies...
Pretty much every school I've been to in this state looks somewhat like that.
For example, this is my school.
3161cu9.jpg

we were never allowed outside so the courtyard concept seems crazy to me. my elementary school was one "contained" building with a fence around the recess area. my high school was also one very contained building, unless you went out to the track for PE. in my middle school, there was a shortcut between two wings if you just went outside... once students started using it they put up bars (similar to a jail cell) around the shortcut from door to door. (kids "escaping" and ditching school i guess was a problem) i understand keeping others and the occasional crazies out, but it actually looks like a jail cell.

Where do you go during breaks or during lunch…? That seems so weird to be inside alllll the time...
I went to high school in connecticut and my school looked pretty much the same. We weren't allowed to go outside for breaks (they were only 5 minutes between classes) or anything except for the small little area outside the cafe that had picnic benches and such

That's my high school in NJ and as you can see we had a pretty obvious courtyard. Unlike what I'm seeing about most east coast schools we were able to go in the courtyard all the time.
You could eat lunch there or just walk through as a shortcut to class. It was pretty convenient since my school is a square lol. We also were allowed to go out for our lunch period senior year.

I think it's pretty common in Europe and parts of eastern USA for schools to just be one building with a few hundred kids maximum.

I had the (unfortunate) experience of being in high school before the city decided to build 5 new schools... We have almost 3,500 at my high school (which was built to hold 1,300) with the largest graduating class of over 1,000. YIKES.

We had not only various wings and buildings, but portable classrooms as well.

w03psi.png

Back