All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The top one was of the halls in Allen High School (10-12) and the bottom is part of the main hallway at Lowery Freshman Center (just 9th graders). Together the schools make up Allen High School (just two separate campuses). At Lowery there are 1,566 students, at Allen there are 4,419. I've never used a locker since I moved here. We aren't even assigned them since there are too many people and not enough lockers, I can't even imagine what that must be like.
isn't your football stadium like pro-worthy and your band like 24983243 students?

also, how on earth does one make a sports team there?

isn't your football stadium like pro-worthy and your band like 24983243 students?

also, how on earth does one make a sports team there?
haha yeah I guess it is and the band is so big because everyone that signs up for band is automatically in marching band. I believe it's around like 850 members or something. I'm not sure if that includes color guard or the tallenettes. We may be the biggest in the nation but no where near the best. It's more to give everyone an opportunity to participate and show school spirit. Yes, competition for sports is very intense, usually people that don't make sports participate in some sort of extracurricular activity (club, there are literally 19716324 clubs). Think of it this way, if you do make a sports team then you are just that much better, since you made it out of the 27403 number of students that tried out.

My school is extremely small. It is 40 years old and being renovated the year after I graduate. There is only 1,600 kids in the entire school and we still need to have classes in trailers and in our performing arts center. It is a legitimate box. with 4 windows in the entire thing. one floor minus 5 upstairs classrooms. It was built with an open concept so there are temporary walls everywhere to make more classrooms and you can hear everything from the class next door.
dxogux.jpg
25jxxub.jpg
the brown is my school, the white is the middle school, the blue is the performing arts center, the green is our gym. we didn't have a pep rally this year because it rained and not even half the school can fit in the gym, that's how small it is. This is our field. we have 1 set of bleachers, on one side.
2imang8.jpg
21az2oo.jpg
Sorry the pictures are huge! :p:D

Super jealous right now of all the european and california schools! They're straight out of a movie! Never knew how different schools were around the country. We most definitely had no breaks or free time and you didn't leave the building. You ate in the cafeteria (very quickly I may add) and then shuffled out for the next lunch, I think there were 4 different sessions and you couldn't choose which one you had. Now the schools are extremely secure, good luck getting in or out! If you're not at roll call every period, expect an automated call to your parents to alert them you're unaccounted for. And there are no vending machines anymore. They all left a few years ago. We can't even sell or give the kids anything during school hours anymore because it could be unhealthy.

With all of the security concerns our schools around have it baffles me how the Cali schools can be so open like that!?! I've worked at our school 6 years and I still have to get a visitors pass and sign in through the secure bullet proof glass entrance if I forget to wear my badge. I forget somedays if it's a school or a prison... I should add I live in an upper middle class community, not exactly riddled with the crime that you would think the school is prepared for.

@Jule are you sure that's a school and not a castle? :eek: It's so beautiful!!

The boarding school part is a castle, yes. :) But it was sold after I left school so no more boarding school at my town. The actual school however remained the same though I think, the started building a cafeteria after the introduced afternoon classes.
During my time there, the usual day would go from 7:45 am to 1 pm. Periods of 45 min with breaks of 5, 10 oder 15 minutes in between. During my last two years there I had to have some sort of afternoon classes as they couldn't schedule them any onther way. It was awful. No lunch break, no cafeteria and we had to stay until 2:30 pm I think.
But other than that, I always liked the short periods and small breaks in between.

The school was next to a lake so our courtyard went all the way down to an tiny forest-like area bordering the lake. I loved to play there, when I was younger. Even though I think it wasn't exactly allowed.

However our sports facilities were pittyful. We had to walk 15 min to a small football field in the middle of the woods. ;)

I love seeing all the different school types! It's so cool to imagine what it might have been like, going to school somewhere else!

just cause everybody else is doing it

this was my high school in cali, we ate lunch in part of the mid green
space and if it rained we could eat in the gym or a classroom
356_45626883059_7963_n.jpg

in regards to safety and all that we constantly had staff patrolling the perimeter and it was a closed campus, no students were allowed to leave the premises without a guardian (unless they were over 18).

my friend tried to skip class to do homework one day and was sitting near the tennis courts and the staff came over searched through all her belongings and called her parents.. it was a lovely atmosphere..

this is a comparison to one of the high schools i attended in canada

200xpp3.png

My high school had a 15 minute break after second period for snacktime. We could go down to the cafeteria and there were breakfast foods with milk and coffee, or we could just roam the school. Perks of a small private school :rolleyes:

Wow, these HS are beautiful.

My HS was smack dab in the middle of a residential area. When I graduated about 800 students. Thats Jersey for ya!

6a00d8341c339953ef013485471b3f970c-800wi

2v1ntp0.jpg

Late to the party but ah yes, Eastern PA. Grades 10-12. 3,300 kids. 6th largest in the state.

i find it so crazy that some of these schools have their own pools and like 8+ tennis courts (granted, i'm sure that's in part due to Cali weather) but our districts swim teams went to the local YMCA to swim... and MAYBE the community college pool. if they were lucky. and we had 2 tennis courts that were pretty beat up.

Back