All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow payton's jumps to full is sickkkkk. So impressed because it's so high!

Also, and I get it's effective due to the incredible accomplishments of Smoed, but I can't stand Eddie. I believe in strict coaching and keeping your athletes on your toes, but he takes the negativity to a whole new level. He's going to give these kids a freaking complex. He needs to remember he's still dealing with children. Yes, he needs to hold them to higher standards to be of World Champion caliber, but not that the expense that they feel worthless.

OH AND, calling a 17 year old athlete a "bigger B****" when you're an adult is ridiculous, in fact its verbal abuse. There are so many other coaching styles that have been proven to be more effective than Smoeds (look at CA and WC for example). I don't see Brad or Elaine calling any of their athletes derogatory names. In fact, I hope there's some sort of backlash. Grow up dude.
You are so right. I loved Elaine's coaching style, she commands respect without being derogatory. Before I went to WC, I cheered at a small gym where the head coach was constantly cursing, putting down and essentially bullying the athletes. It's difficult to function and grow in the type of environment. Not saying anything bad about Eddie, clearly he's an amazing coach who's coached an amazing team. But it was related and I felt the need to share.

Every coach has a different coaching style and every athlete needs a certain coaching style to succeed. Some kids need constant reassurance and others needs a harsher personality. No coaching style is better than the other. I, for one, worked better when I felt that I was on the verge of letting people down. I need a harsher personality to really motivate me. But that's just me. I agree that bullying is never a good thing but I wouldn't say that eddy bullies any of his kids. The way the show portrays him does not, in any way, scream bully to me. Yes, he swears, yes he says some very sarcastic things, but that's just his coaching style. He knows what his kids can handle. He's never said anything completely derogatory or demeaning or in spite of something or someone. He's stated many times that smoed is not a team where you're going to be coddled. If the kids can't handle it, then go home. Smoed isn't for everyone. How many times have we heard that? Like every episode. What other disclaimer do you need? When he needs to kick his kids butts' into gear, he will. His kids obviously thrive under his coaching style. From his social media accounts, it's also clear that Eddie (and Orby) cherish each and every child that comes into their lives. Those kids are loved and they know it because it shows on the floor. They've built a family -or a smamily, whatevs - of athletes that they know they can rely on each other. Smoed is also a senior team. He's not swearing at a mini or youth team. These are all teenagers. They have probably heard and said a lot worse. And that's just my two cents.

Also, no one succeeds in life by being coddled. They don't, sorry. I'll take that statement to the bank. In my opinion, I don't think Eddie needed to apologize for anything, but what a sweet guy for doing so.

Omg i swear why do people always look for things to complain about? Take a chill pill and GET OVER IT!
I don't think people are complaining, its a relevant point. Hearing what Travis was saying about how nervous he is about his spot never being safe and then being called a "b****" im sure is not what he signed up for when he moved across country. Kids take things differently it mightn't bother us but other people mightn't like it.

Eddie knows the kids a lot better then the majority of us here so I am sure that he knows how to motivate them to get them to do exactly what is needed to win. After all in this sport that is what we want is to win. These kids are not minis or youth kids they are teenagers and sometimes with teenagers you have to get mean and ruthless.

I like Eddie's coaching style. I think he does what he does so his teams win, but he also adores those kids and would do anything for them. I know a coach like that and am proud to say that he coaches my Princess Hotmess. :)

Old School Coaches - In Defense of Coaches Who Yell - Esquire

I'm just going to post the link this article here for all you parents who think its wrong to yell. I can guarantee Eddie yells becasue he is invested in his athletes and passionate about the success of his team. Sometimes you are so invested in what you are doing as a coach, it can make you irate to not see an athlete perform at their full potential, especially if you are seeing it consistently. Nothing annoys me more than the parent who wants sunshines and rainbows at practice. Praise will be given when praise is deserved, I am not going to praise your child for poor effort when I know they are capable of more. Also, If this were football, and a football player was talked to the way the smoed boy was, no one would be saying anything. @echeercoach You just keep doing what you're doing. You are getting awesome results from your coaching style, so clearly you're doing something right. Good Luck to your smo's at GSSA this weekend! See Ya there.

Okay... I'm done rambling now.

Before anyone gets the idea that I'm anti yelling and anti being a strict coach, let me put a rest to that now. I don't believe in anyone being coddled… I've never been coddled and I certainly don't coddle my athletes when I coach. But, I still feel like a line was crossed.

No doubt in my mind that Eddie has a great relationship with his kids and knows what he's doing, but watching the interactions on the show consistently make me feel uncomfortable. I'd certainly like to hope its not like that all the time! But I guess that's TV, they like to only show you at your worst times because it makes for a good watch.

I personally know I would do so well under Eddie. I need someone yelling at me and motivating me in that way. On my own team a majority of the people are like this but we have a few who can't handle it and shut down in a situation like that. My coach understands that and changes her coaching style to those few people. I mean I don't know if Eddie does that or not but I feel like in a case like his, if someone can't handle it, he'll replace them. It's kind of sad but I mean that's life.

im sure eddie does yell at the kids a lot during practice, but people need to realize this is basically reality tv. drama and yelling sells, they aint gonna show him being nice 24/7. thats just how it is.... regardless, if those kids truly hated the way he treated them, they would pack their bags and go home.

I watched the GSSA video and mad dies secondary base is blond who is that? And who is standing in the back of the routine almost the whole time is that Cassie I think that was her name the girl from last season that came to the team late? Confused

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I watched the GSSA video and mad dies secondary base is blond who is that? And who is standing in the back of the routine almost the whole time is that Cassie I think that was her name the girl from last season that came to the team late? Confused

Isn't GSSA this weekend?

Yes, Cass is in the back. She's filling in for someone that is injured and hadn't had time to learn the whole routine yet.

Back