All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Saw her insta videos and didn't even think of that. I thought maybe she was doing a college visit or something and stopped by the gym haha. I wonder why she'd go to GT, I feel like LL would be happy to have her back. And Ice is so much closer. Maybe they just don't have any openings right now or something.
I don't think that she is cheering for GT, I think that she was just there for the Stunting Clinic with Louisville, in fact I think that those were Gabi and Roberts plans as well and then they must have been asked to join their team after working out with some of them.

Also gymnastics gyms aren't open in several locations and in different states. They focus on their product in one location and don't seem to be driven by the money of multiple locations

Yeah your allowed to have an opinion but if everything he posts is going to bother you or feel like "he shouldnt post xyz because people may think it's about xyz" maybe you need to unfollow him.

Actually if you took some time to read my prior post you would have read that I have been been supporting Cali the whole time regarding other tweets and such, but if they are going to complain that everyone is bashing them, why continue to post up in social media stuff that might be taken out of context?
Please don't assume that everything that Cali post bothers, because it certainly doesn't!

As a dancer I must comment on this..
Maddie and Chloe are not the best dancers in the world, but I don't think it's fair to downplay their talents, They both have technique and the skills to dance on Broadway or to be a Rockette. By no means do you need to be able to do 35 pirouettes to be on Broadway in fact in most open call auditions they don't ask you to do more than three which I think Maddie and Chloe both have well mastered. Sometimes when your looking for a career in dance "average is good" especially since most dancers will dance with a group/chorus line not as a soloist. End rant--carry on cheerleading talk.

This. As a dancer myself, I would agree---they're not the world's best, but there are also so many different genre's of the best that it's hard to keep up. I personally don't believe the hype of Dance Moms because I know about the fake competitions, the judging, and how staged it is, but that being said, both are still fairly talented and thanks to this reality show will likely find commercial success.

Unlike cheerleading, dance has a world that never seems to stop with more avenues then can be imagines. Cheerleading doesn't have that same reach---so yes, Gabi Butler may be one of the best in the world, however, star power wise I'd put my money on a Maddie and Chloe long-term for the simple fact that dance gives more overall opportunities than cheer.

As a dancer I must comment on this..
Maddie and Chloe are not the best dancers in the world, but I don't think it's fair to downplay their talents, They both have technique and the skills to dance on Broadway or to be a Rockette. By no means do you need to be able to do 35 pirouettes to be on Broadway in fact in most open call auditions they don't ask you to do more than three which I think Maddie and Chloe both have well mastered. Sometimes when your looking for a career in dance "average is good" especially since most dancers will dance with a group/chorus line not as a soloist. End rant--carry on cheerleading talk.
...I could be a dancer on broadway, and I'm well out of shape on it. Probably, anyway lol

That's not to say it isn't hard- it does truthfully require a fair amount of upkeep. But you also have to be able to sing well enough (depending on the show), and CONFORM. They don't typically want soloist mentality, you need to be able to be interesting without trying to steal the show. Most broadway dancers are more musical theater inclined who happen to be great dancers. Minus Pippin (where almost everyone in the chorus does circus).

I thought Power tumbling & trampoline are now in the Olympics. Isn't that what Kiara did and Angel is now focusing on? It blends well with cheerleading.

I thought Power tumbling & trampoline are now in the Olympics. Isn't that what Kiara did and Angel is now focusing on? It blends well with cheerleading.

I know trampoline is, not sure about Power tumbling. I do know the spots are even more limited than the gymnastics team; it seems like last Olympics we sent one female and one male trampoline athletes---maybe 2.

Just going to through in my two cents about moving teams/competitive sports..I have a brother who I've talked about once or twice who is extremely talented at soccer...as in he's already talking to college coaches in the eighth grade. My mother pays about 5000 a season in tuition, excluding hotel/uniform fees. I recently moved out, giving my mother more options when it comes to moving for soccer. Well, she sat my down the other day and told me she was considering letting my brother try out for one of the big MLS academies. It's no secret to anyone around us, we're chasing the National Team dream. With that being said, it's easy to see where a lot of these kids/parents are coming from. If they have the skill level, why not try out for the dream team or 'work your way up the path' to get there. The past three seasons my brother has been on three different club teams, each season he moves up to a team he feels will challenge him even more. Were the past teams great? Of course, but it's all about personal improvement a lot of the time. That's where I can understand moving for cheer, everyone has a different coaching style and is going to push the athletes differently.

This. As a dancer myself, I would agree---they're not the world's best, but there are also so many different genre's of the best that it's hard to keep up. I personally don't believe the hype of Dance Moms because I know about the fake competitions, the judging, and how staged it is, but that being said, both are still fairly talented and thanks to this reality show will likely find commercial success.

Unlike cheerleading, dance has a world that never seems to stop with more avenues then can be imagines. Cheerleading doesn't have that same reach---so yes, Gabi Butler may be one of the best in the world, however, star power wise I'd put my money on a Maddie and Chloe long-term for the simple fact that dance gives more overall opportunities than cheer.

All that is true about dance, but it does bug me a bit (having experienced all three - the dance, the gym and the cheer world) to hear Maddie and Chloe used as a Dance analogy for Gabi Butler and Cheer. A 12 year old CP w/ a layout and a standing tuck that's on a level 3 team at a large, but not nationally known gym, is a much more appropriate analogy for what Maddie and Chloe are to dance. Maddie may be the point for a lot of things and may crossover to level 4 just to fly, but that's it. Now some of those guest stars they've had on that show actually are like Gabis and Carlys of dance, but not those original kids.

I've said it before, but my brother moved from MI to FL to play baseball for a season when he was 16. He stayed with a host family. He easily could have played on a team in Michigan but wanted to play down there. He went partially bc he likes FL, and for more college exposure.
It wasn't a big deal for my family. It was really nonchalant and just kind of happened. My parents thought about it for like a month and then allowed it.

I would assume that it's just as nonchalant when "high profile" cheerleaders do it. I think the speculation around it is what makes it so dramatic. There was no drama with my family's personal experience.

Although, my brother did have the opportunity to go back the next year and didn't take it. He stayed and played ball in Michigan. That wasn't a big deal, either.

I've said it before, but my brother moved from MI to FL to play baseball for a season when he was 16. He stayed with a host family. He easily could have played on a team in Michigan but wanted to play down there. He went partially bc he likes FL, and for more college exposure.
It wasn't a big deal for my family. It was really nonchalant and just kind of happened. My parents thought about it for like a month and then allowed it.

I would assume that it's just as nonchalant when "high profile" cheerleaders do it. I think the speculation around it is what makes it so dramatic. There was no drama with my family's personal experience.

Although, my brother did have the opportunity to go back the next year and didn't take it. He stayed and played ball in Michigan. That wasn't a big deal, either.

That's why I think it's important for gyms and athletes to keep all this info between them, I don't see the need to post everything about their lives on social media because most of the time it causes problems.

Gabi Butler
40 mins · Edited ·
ted to take the floor with the team this season and hopefully many more. I am truly grateful that I have found such an amazing program that will allow me to still live at home with my family and continue to cheer at the highest level. I am also excited about the opportunity to work with many college level cheerleaders who will help me to continue to grow in my college level skills. I couldn't have asked for more. Special thanks to 2 amazing coaches, James Speed and Misty Hodges, for making me feel so welcome in your program. I look forward to learning so much from both of you!! I am truly excited to be part of the Gymtyme family along with so many other AMAZING athletes!
♥♥ Gymtyme Blink IOC5 ♥♥

All that is true about dance, but it does bug me a bit (having experienced all three - the dance, the gym and the cheer world) to hear Maddie and Chloe used as a Dance analogy for Gabi Butler and Cheer. A 12 year old CP w/ a layout and a standing tuck that's on a level 3 team at a large, but not nationally known gym, is a much more appropriate analogy for what Maddie and Chloe are to dance. Maddie may be the point for a lot of things and may crossover to level 4 just to fly, but that's it. Now some of those guest stars they've had on that show actually are like Gabis and Carlys of dance, but not those original kids.

My point wasn't to compare Gabi Butler as a Cheerleader to Maddie and Chloe as dancers, but to compare a universally known scenario to those who watch the show in terms of choosing between homeschooling and public school. My analogy had more to do with an athlete choosing to home school for the betterment of their sport than it did about how well they were in that sport.

The person I quoted talking about how she couldn't imagine her CP's missing their HS experiences as some of these young athletes are, and my analogy was comparing how two girl's in the same situation gave two entirely different answers. You could be Little Suzy LVL 1 and still chose to homeschool to become a gymrat...talent really had nothing to do with what I meant.

Gabi Butler
40 mins · Edited ·
ted to take the floor with the team this season and hopefully many more. I am truly grateful that I have found such an amazing program that will allow me to still live at home with my family and continue to cheer at the highest level. I am also excited about the opportunity to work with many college level cheerleaders who will help me to continue to grow in my college level skills. I couldn't have asked for more. Special thanks to 2 amazing coaches, James Speed and Misty Hodges, for making me feel so welcome in your program. I look forward to learning so much from both of you!! I am truly excited to be part of the Gymtyme family along with so many other AMAZING athletes!
♥♥ Gymtyme Blink IOC5 ♥♥

Not that this was a question, but Rob's twitter has also been updated to include listing Blink as his current team.

Gabi Butler @GabiButlerCheer · Nov 1
Life moves pretty fast... don't Blink... you might miss it!!♡♡

This makes more sense now. :) From her facebook post and this, it sounds like it was not premeditated - it just happened. She must have really liked it when she was there, they asked her to join and she decided to make it work.

Back