All-Star Cheerleaders Season 4: Jersey

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's hillarious how any time people say bad things about this show they are attacked. This show is really bad, and CJA and PA are embarrassing themselves by doing it. They think they can become famous cheelebrities and be the next Michaeleddie, Robert, Gabi, Eddie, Orby, Madi, etc. but they are just coming off as a bunch of wannabees. They should have just stopped w/ the Cheer! show cause that made them look good.
Actually the general consensus is that this show isn't portraying all star cheer very well. It's not that you don't like the show, it's just that most people shared their opinion the first ep and left it at that instead of coming back every week to reiterate the same comment.

I thought it was really weird that a coach was trying to get those two athletes to date, I know it's probably for the show and he was told to or whatever but even PA said she didn't want anyone on the team to date and then they go and do this...I'd be really interested to see a breakdown of the percentage of viewers that are people affiliated with cheer and viewers that aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

out of curiosity i looked up the competition to see how 'honestly' they portray things- CJA got 1st with no one else in their division. that was definitely not the impression i got from them. interesting.

I think it's hillarious how any time people say bad things about this show they are attacked. This show is really bad, and CJA and PA are embarrassing themselves by doing it. They think they can become famous cheelebrities and be the next Michaeleddie, Robert, Gabi, Eddie, Orby, Madi, etc. but they are just coming off as a bunch of wannabees. They should have just stopped w/ the Cheer! show cause that made them look good.

@quitthedrama You are correct. Overreacting to negative comments is pointless because it rarely produces the desired result. It's just very hard to ignore the negativity coming from someone who says things that are hurtful.

This is not an overreaction, but merely a statement -- CJA (and CTR) was the first and only program to have a cable network series dedicated to All-star cheerleading before the Cheerleaders series even aired. I hate to speak for the coaches, but I don't think they're trying to be the next Smoed, nor are they "wannabes" who are trying to be cheerlebrities. I don't recall a single coach or athlete from that gym capitalizing on their fame and notoriety when they easily could have struck while the iron was hot. They remained humble and relatively low key throughout the whole process.

The thought that Patty Ann and the program should be ashamed of themselves is a bit extreme. I'll agree that some of the material in the first few episodes of CheerleadersNJ was a bit of a departure from what we saw on Cheer!, but other than that, I haven't watched anything that I wouldn't think happens often on ANY Worlds team: tough practices, competitions, some lighter moments of fooling around, goofy kids, innocent flirting, etc. The public has a right to hate everything about the show -the production value, the sound quality, the story lines, the lack of focus on the routines, Patty Ann's coaching style, etc. -- but you can't say it's a completely unrealistic portrayal of how normal 13-18 year olds act. Is some of it played up for television? I'm sure. But nothing has been damaging to the industry or totally misrepresentative of what goes on behind the scenes. There are hundreds of tough coaches out there besides Eddie and Patty Ann, and hundreds of thousands of cheerleaders who let loose and fool around when they're not working hard or competing.

@Cheerfan1234
oye. The fact that you put CJA and CTR in the same sentence <shudder>
Let me start by saying I don't have an issue with CJA as a program, but it was not their wisest choice pairing up with the gymwrecker otherwise known as awesomenesstv. I am sure the program, the owner, the coaches, the kids and the parents are all wonderful, and I respect that most of them have been quiet about the feedback from their program. However, quite honestly, CJA is not shown in a good light - at all - on this show. Shocker, I know - it was pretty easy to predict the future for this one. I've said it 100 times before, but if you put yourself out to the public, they are going to comment on what they see and hear. You asked for it, so it is unfair to get all defensive if people aren't happy with what they see. I very much enjoyed Cheer and personally feel it was a huge mistake for CJA to sign on for this.
As far as "hundreds of tough coaches and cheerleaders" who do the same thing that is shown - maybe, maybe not. But they aren't doing it in front of cameras and looking to get publicity. CJA is.
We will have to agree to disagree that this show isn't damaging to the industry. For the record, I thought the CTR was as well.

Last edited:
@quitthedrama You are correct. Overreacting to negative comments is pointless because it rarely produces the desired result. It's just very hard to ignore the negativity coming from someone who says things that are hurtful.

This is not an overreaction, but merely a statement -- CJA (and CTR) was the first and only program to have a cable network series dedicated to All-star cheerleading before the Cheerleaders series even aired. I hate to speak for the coaches, but I don't think they're trying to be the next Smoed, nor are they "wannabes" who are trying to be cheerlebrities. I don't recall a single coach or athlete from that gym capitalizing on their fame and notoriety when they easily could have struck while the iron was hot. They remained humble and relatively low key throughout the whole process.

The thought that Patty Ann and the program should be ashamed of themselves is a bit extreme. I'll agree that some of the material in the first few episodes of CheerleadersNJ was a bit of a departure from what we saw on Cheer!, but other than that, I haven't watched anything that I wouldn't think happens often on ANY Worlds team: tough practices, competitions, some lighter moments of fooling around, goofy kids, innocent flirting, etc. The public has a right to hate everything about the show -the production value, the sound quality, the story lines, the lack of focus on the routines, Patty Ann's coaching style, etc. -- but you can't say it's a completely unrealistic portrayal of how normal 13-18 year olds act. Is some of it played up for television? I'm sure. But nothing has been damaging to the industry or totally misrepresentative of what goes on behind the scenes. There are hundreds of tough coaches out there besides Eddie and Patty Ann, and hundreds of thousands of cheerleaders who let loose and fool around when they're not working hard or competing.

The way PA was portrayed as insensitive and aloof towards two ahletes under her care's possible head injuries was damaging to the reputation of cheer. Also, adult coaches encouraging 12-14 year old athletes to date? I am looking at this from a parent perspective remember - I drop my 12 year old off and trust her to the care of her coaches for many, many hours every week and she is with her team and coaches most of the time at competitions too. If her coaches encouraged a boy on the team to go try and hit on her romantically, or told her they didn't want to be annoyed by her dizziness after she was kicked in the head - lol - how do you think any parent would react?

The Smoed show really messed up w/ that Dylan stuff, it got too into the atheletes personal lives in that last season, and the fame went to their heads, but I don't recall any scenes where I felt "wow - I'd pull my kid from that gym" after watching. There was an episode where Gabby fell on her head and I believe Eddie and Orby sent her to the hospital. The first two seasons of cheerleaders were good for the reputation of cheer as a whole. I watched them. I also watched the Cheer! show and thought the same of it as well - so to me it's very disappointing to watch the same team from a good show lower themselves to this level for ratings/attention.

That CTR show was bad for the reputation of cheer - are there people who would argue otherwise? I remember a girl being allowed to do a backhead spring right down on her head while a coach was right there and could have spotted/saved her. That was the worst scene of that show IMO.

Two straight teenaged boys walking around a competition trying to talk to girls when they have free time to themselves...What a horrible portrayal of all-star cheerleading. Because that NEVER happens in this industry ;)

You really do whine about everything for the sake of being heard, almost like an "immature" teenager. But hey, you're allowed to on this board so live your life.

I actually haven't watched since I said I was stopping, but saw it mentioned elsewhere that the Marine boy (I don't remember his name) was one of the two @FlexyTumblerMom was talking about when she said they were walking around; the boy is 18/19 and needs to check himself. It's not just about him, he's also representing the Marines in this show and I promise you, they're not going to be very pleased if they're watching.

As for the show, from what I saw, I can't imagine anyone arguing that this is a good series to watch. I'm personally enjoying Full Out even more now.

The way PA was portrayed as insensitive and aloof towards two ahletes under her care's possible head injuries was damaging to the reputation of cheer. Also, adult coaches encouraging 12-14 year old athletes to date? I am looking at this from a parent perspective remember - I drop my 12 year old off and trust her to the care of her coaches for many, many hours every week and she is with her team and coaches most of the time at competitions too. If her coaches encouraged a boy on the team to go try and hit on her romantically, or told her they didn't want to be annoyed by her dizziness after she was kicked in the head - lol - how do you think any parent would react?

The Smoed show really messed up w/ that Dylan stuff, it got too into the atheletes personal lives in that last season, and the fame went to their heads, but I don't recall any scenes where I felt "wow - I'd pull my kid from that gym" after watching. There was an episode where Gabby fell on her head and I believe Eddie and Orby sent her to the hospital. The first two seasons of cheerleaders were good for the reputation of cheer as a whole. I watched them. I also watched the Cheer! show and thought the same of it as well - so to me it's very disappointing to watch the same team from a good show lower themselves to this level for ratings/attention.

That CTR show was bad for the reputation of cheer - are there people who would argue otherwise? I remember a girl being allowed to do a backhead spring right down on her head while a coach was right there and could have spotted/saved her. That was the worst scene of that show IMO.

I agree with you here 100%. I was upset about how that was portrayed/edited, whatever you wanna call it. It seemed very uncharacteristic of Patty Ann even as tough as she is, which makes me think we didn't see everything that happened. I would think that if it happened exactly how it was portrayed, then a parent might have pulled them from the gym especially nowadays when parents exercise their right to switch gyms more freely than years ago. I'm pretty sure both athletes are still on the team and they look happy.

Last edited:
That pained me to read. Is it really 30 more episodes? The season is nearing the end. If they're going to squeeze 30 more episodes out of 2 months, then that will be nothing but fluff.
Well they are what, like 3 months-ish behind? I don't watch it so idk exactly where they're at in the show at this point.

Two straight teenaged boys walking around a competition trying to talk to girls when they have free time to themselves...What a horrible portrayal of all-star cheerleading. Because that NEVER happens in this industry ;)

You really do whine about everything for the sake of being heard, almost like an "immature" teenager. But hey, you're allowed to on this board so live your life.

Maaaaan if Aj came up and started flirting with me I'd flirt right back! He is damn cute!

Who cares if they walk around comps flirting? honestly they probably made a few girls feel kinda special which is kinda nice! (As long as they're not leading girls on and being meanies it's all good right?)

Maaaaan if Aj came up and started flirting with me I'd flirt right back! He is damn cute!

Who cares if they walk around comps flirting? honestly they probably made a few girls feel kinda special which is kinda nice! (As long as they're not leading girls on and being meanies it's all good right?)

Also breaks the stereotype that all MALE cheerleaders are gay!

I guess that's a good portrayal since this show is SUCH a bad portrayal of Allstar cheerleading (sarcasm)

Back