All-Star Cheerleaders With Bad Attitude.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't seen the list - an ex friend on the team outted the girl - she says she has seen the list. I'm torn bc right now it's hearsay. I already know if I ask her she will deny it - it's the mo with her. But yes her actions at practices games etc are consistent with the list. Not all parents are aware of the list. I know some
Of the girls who are aware they are on the list have told their parents. Some do not know. I guess it's time to face the music with this one :-/

And the parents haven't said anything?

Ps- her flier is on the list and is having enormous difficulty functioning in the air right now - she randomly will get dropped its just not good
This girl that made the list has more than at attitude, she is a hazard. She needs to be gone asap. If I were the parent of this flyer, I would pull my daughter off the team if this girl wasn't kicked off immediately.

If you have your athletes sign a conduct contract at the start of the season and you include a line that says "athletes can be dismissed from the program at any time for conduct not consistent with our mission statement" you're covered to let this girl go-even without seeing the list. Even without something like that in place, you are a private organization and can release someone at any time, for any reason. Now, I wouldn't go trying to get this family to finish out their payments. I think it's appropriate in cases where the athlete leaves (unless they're moving far away from the gym), but not appropriate when you ask them to leave.

Thank you - it's a school team so there are hoops to jump through. I do have a contract but dismissal
Is a big thing the school doesn't always back you and the last thing you want is to do it and have the principal over rule it. I really do
Appreciate everyone's support :)

So what does everyone do when they catch an attitude ....any advice?!

I catch attitudes alot and i really wanna change it but its really hard to channel my anger!

Hi, you're me. Nice to meet you.

I can't say that I catch an attitude a LOT (ok, yes I do,) but when I do, it's a nice, big ol' rotten, stank attitude. So what I've learned to do is warn people that I have an attitude that day/moment. I'm one of those people that can't hide how I feel on my face, even a little, so when someone comes up to me and says "Hey - what's wrong," because they inevitably will, I usually just say, in a pleasant voice "I'm just feeling a little homicidal today...I'll be ok. But Lord, forgive me for anything I might do or say for the next 2 hours."
Biggest thing I try to remember is that it's not Susie's fault that Sally's Mom ticked me off. And other people's issues have nothing at all to do with me. So if someone else is getting done dirty, why should I get angry about it? If your temper is that quick to fire up, you have to try to figure out why.
As far as channeling, I usually plug my headphones in and tune the world out for a while, or I vent (loudly, but privately) to a friend with lots of nice, colorful, descriptive cuss words. My cp cries her little eyes out, then takes it out on the mat and gets skills. I've heard a ton of people say they tumble way better when they're angry.

I think with it being a school, you actually have it easier. Most like there is a student-athlete code of conduct that they sign, in addition to the school's code of conduct. Also, the school should have an anti bullying policy in place.
Talk to your Athletic Director or your Principal, whom ever over sees the cheer team. Ask for their advice on how to proceed so that you follow school district protocol.

Thank you - it's a school team so there are hoops to jump through. I do have a contract but dismissal
Is a big thing the school doesn't always back you and the last thing you want is to do it and have the principal over rule it. I really do
Appreciate everyone's support :)
You may not be able to dismiss her from the team, but you can pull her from the stunt group.

question.... how would you tell an athlete they're kicked off for their anger issues/attitude or something related? like would you invite them into your office or talk them privately and tell them they're off the team for whatever reason? or would you talk to the parents or what? I've seriously never known anyone kicked off a team and have always wondered how the coach, owner, or other authorities would deal with this.

Ps- her flier is on the list and is having enormous difficulty functioning in the air right now - she randomly will get dropped its just not good
That is so dangerous its not even funny, I hope you can remove her!

icecheer1395 said:
question.... how would you tell an athlete they're kicked off for their anger issues/attitude or something related? like would you invite them into your office or talk them privately and tell them they're off the team for whatever reason? or would you talk to the parents or what? I've seriously never known anyone kicked off a team and have always wondered how the coach, owner, or other authorities would deal with this.

I talk to the parents beforehand and the athlete privately depending on their age. All together sometimes. It's a very official and quiet process. No fanfare or drama is necessary.

I don't think having an attitude is excusable by saying ' sorry about what might happen tonight, I am in a foul mood' that is just a way of saying ' i do what I want' . The best advice I can give to you is that every person needs to learn how to cope and deal with everyday life situations, you will not always have cheer to go 'full out ' with. So if you are experiencing a lot of anger you should speak to a parent or a coach or counselor so they can advise you how to handle things. While exercise is a good release, it will not always be available in office or work related situations once you are in the work place.

Back