Cheerleaders With Scoliosis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 26, 2012
Any cheerleaders out there that have scoliosis? I had scoliosis but had surgery to fix it in 2010. I can't ever tumble again but I'm stinging dancing and jumping better than ever and am on my 13th year of cheer!

I have a mild form of scoliosis. Nothing that requires surgery though! It does cause a lot of pain and my hips are always slightly different in alignment

I have a mild form of scoliosis. Nothing that requires surgery though! It does cause a lot of pain and my hips are always slightly different in alignment
I'm sorry to hear that it causes pain. :( I had two curves: one on top and one on bottom. They formed a backwards S. My curves were really bad, but they were the same degrees, so they equaled out and never caused me pain. Hope the pain goes away though!

I'm sorry to hear that it causes pain. :( I had two curves: one on top and one on bottom. They formed a backwards S. My curves were really bad, but they were the same degrees, so they equaled out and never caused me pain. Hope the pain goes away though!
Thanks! Right now I have something wrong with the muscle on the left side. My muscles formed a band that just keeps getting reinjured. Hopefully ill get better soon! Glad you got yours fixed:)

Thanks! Right now I have something wrong with the muscle on the left side. My muscles formed a band that just keeps getting reinjured. Hopefully ill get better soon! Glad you got yours fixed:)
Oh no! But I'm sure you'll get better! And thanks! I'm glad too haha!

I doubt I have scoliosis but I'm pretty certain my hips are uneven. They dont usually hurt from cheer, but I feel thats why I can't tumble in a straight line.

I doubt I have scoliosis but I'm pretty certain my hips are uneven. They dont usually hurt from cheer, but I feel thats why I can't tumble in a straight line.
If you feel like you might have scoliosis, you might want to go get it looked at just in case. But you might not have it. Some of my friends just have unaligned hips so that might be it. Schools check for scoliosis, but they usually miss it. Mine was really bad by the time my family caught it when I went for a physical at my pediatrician. The school had known I had scoliosis, but they never told us, so who knows!

A girl I based with in high school had scoliosis and she had to wear a plastic brace when we stunted.
My hips are uneven and I was told it wasn't scoliosis but the lack of cartilage in my right knee from tumbling on the track rather than a mat.

I have mild scoliosis. The doctor discovered it when I was 16, and since I'm done growing he said a brace wouldn't do anything. I think I actually developed scoliosis from doing cheer
I also have mild scoliosis and it wasn't discovered until a couple of months ago and I'm 18! I definitely don't think I had it when I was younger, my doctor said I was born with it, but I never started having back problems until I started stretching for a scorp two years ago.. I should be the poster child for not stretching both legs equally and suffering the consequences.

I also have mild scoliosis and it wasn't discovered until a couple of months ago and I'm 18! I definitely don't think I had it when I was younger, my doctor said I was born with it, but I never started having back problems until I started stretching for a scorp two years ago.. I should be the poster child for not stretching both legs equally and suffering the consequences.
Same here! That's exactly why I think I developed back problems

Latest posts

Back