Cheerleaders With Scoliosis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wouldn't that make an interesting was line? "CHEERLEADING Causes Scoliosis!"

That would be me as well.

I had a really bad tumbling accident and it knocked my back and hips out of alignment when I was about 14, and they didn't realize it until I was 16-17 because of the other injuries I got at the time. It's very mild though--if I weren't cheering I don't think I'd notice it nearly as much...only after being on my feet/walking a lot or sleeping on it weirdly.

I have scoliosis, it's not so bad, but some strenght-exercises I can't do, and while stunting it sometimes hurts too, but I'm used to it, and it doesn't bother that much!

I have scoliosis, it's not so bad, but some strenght-exercises I can't do, and while stunting it sometimes hurts too, but I'm used to it, and it doesn't bother that much!
Glad to hear that! I am the same way because of my surgery I had to fix it, but I can still stunt, jump, and dance. I just can never tumble again. :)

That's so sad! I love to tumble, though I'm not good at it :( Jumps are what I'm best at, I'm point this year! :D
It's okay. I had a huge mind block before my surgery, so I guess it's nice to not have to deal with it anymore. It just sucks because now I'm in the back of my routine when I have the best jumps on the team and have been cheering for 13 years. But I guess you just have to get used to that.

It's okay. I had a huge mind block before my surgery, so I guess it's nice to not have to deal with it anymore. It just sucks because now I'm in the back of my routine when I have the best jumps on the team and have been cheering for 13 years. But I guess you just have to get used to that.
You can't even do basic tumbling like cartwheels as so? I'm so sorry for you, but I know how it feels. Last year I was in the back all the time, since I was the tallest, even though I had the best jumps and tumbling and so on :/
Where do you cheer? :)

You can't even do basic tumbling like cartwheels as so? I'm so sorry for you, but I know how it feels. Last year I was in the back all the time, since I was the tallest, even though I had the best jumps and tumbling and so on :/
Where do you cheer? :)
Oh yeah! I can do those! I just can't do back handsprings, tucks, or stuff like that. Wow! I didn't know coaches still placed people by height. I've always seen it as if you're a good tumbler, you'll be in the front of a lot. That must have been terrible, but it's a new year now! I cheer at Arkansas Cheer Unlimited in Arkansas! Where do you cheer at?

Mine did! I was like, whyyyy? Haha but yeah, new year!
Well I cheer in sweden, went from level one to level five this year! And my team might compete in the US this spring, reaaally hope so! It not very many cheerleaders here in sweden..

Mine did! I was like, whyyyy? Haha but yeah, new year!
Well I cheer in sweden, went from level one to level five this year! And my team might compete in the US this spring, reaaally hope so! It not very many cheerleaders here in sweden..
That's amazing! I hope you do too! Cheering here would definitely be a great experience! Congratulations on the huge level jump too!:D

That's amazing! I hope you do too! Cheering here would definitely be a great experience! Congratulations on the huge level jump too!:D
The only bad thing here in sweden is that we don't have springfloor, so our tumbling isn't the greatest. This year, we have 19 standing bhs-bhs, 5 standing bhs-bhs-tuck, and in running we have like 5 layouts... Maybe one full. But since sweden is so small, I think it's good. There is like 45 diffrent "gyms" all over sweden, cheer ist'n that big of a sport here. :)

The only bad thing here in sweden is that we don't have springfloor, so our tumbling isn't the greatest. This year, we have 19 standing bhs-bhs, 5 standing bhs-bhs-tuck, and in running we have like 5 layouts... Maybe one full. But since sweden is so small, I think it's good. There is like 45 diffrent "gyms" all over sweden, cheer ist'n that big of a sport here. :)
Wow! I don't think is know what to do without spring floor! It's like my savior when jumping haha! But 45 gyms isn't that bad actually! That's pretty dang good!

Wow! I don't think is know what to do without spring floor! It's like my savior when jumping haha! But 45 gyms isn't that bad actually! That's pretty dang good!
Yeah I feel the same way, you get your height from the floor!
But it not so big gyms, well, we haven't got our own places, most teams rent into school gyms, and only a few have blue mats. We havn't got the best equipment , so to speak ;)

Yeah I feel the same way, you get your height from the floor!
But it not so big gyms, well, we haven't got our own places, most teams rent into school gyms, and only a few have blue mats. We havn't got the best equipment , so to speak ;)
Haha! Well you guys will start getting into it soon! Cheer is getting bigger and stronger world wide with each year!

i have a mild scoliosis, it doesn't really cause me too much pain while cheering! but I'm glad the survey helped you!!

Back