All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 Day 2 (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just wish everyone was more culturally aware. If there are no gyms or cheerleading mats or certified coaches around their city, where do you think they learn? YouTube and going to places such as worlds where they see what other teams are doing. The more these international teams see, the more they learn and in turn teach others in their country. Thailand us a great example of this... In their documentary, they said they would stay up and video tape cheer competitions from the US. They would practice outside or on concrete, etc. They literally have one woman that sews their uniforms BY HAND.
Be excited for these teams as they improve each year, and think of how great for them to even get this far with such an expensive trip in countries where disposable income is not usually high. This is how cheer spreads around the world.
just my opinion....

You can do all of this and still be upset that American teams (edit: and a few Canadian teams) who score literally double of other teams are shut out of finals. I am excited that teams have improved leaps and bounds over the past few years. I am also upset at a fundamentally unfair rule that excludes teams with a legitimate shot of actually winning the championship from the finals. Putting a team that scored a 59 or a 46 in the finals is not going to make them a better team.

So I have Periscope on my phone but I'm watching this stream on my computer. Can I log in to my periscope account on my computer to access the chat?

I actually really enjoyed Mexico's dance. Really pissed that the feed went out during Wildcats.

If this happens tonight during LG heads will roll.

Seriously USASF--just in time for Wildcats only. Grrr!!!
Seriously, and it wouldn't even give me the option to rewind to the part I missed while they were on. But as soon as they finished the option came back but they aren't in there. Just the 2 teams before them

cheer excess has grown so much in only a couple of years, if they continue on this rate, they'll blow us away in a few years.

I agree. Comparing their Worlds performances year after year, their progression is very noticeable, both technique and difficulty !

Aww what a shame, can you see it on the rewind? I think I may have seen them a few years ago at a Scottish comp, were they once a level 2/3 team?

The rewind also freezes in the middle of the pyramid. Glad to see that their stunts were much better than at ICU though !
And I didn't follow cheer a few years ago so I'm not sure about their former levels though. I think they adapt the level they compete in from one comp to the other (French levels aren't the same).

Okay, noob here.

How does it work for teams to go on IOC5 finals? How many team are going? Are the countries divided?

Back