All-Star Cheerleading Worlds 2015 - Day 3 (monday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What is alarming about the amount of injuries is that the athletes should be at a point in their season where their skills are honed and competition ready. Most injuries happen during the intensity phase of training (and even with that there are systems one can put in place to minimize risk). Did the injuries happen in warm up or on the competition floor? Some factors that should be an open discussion to minimize in the future:

1. Was their warm up sufficient?
2. Was there a long gap between warm up and competition?
3. Is the scoring consistent or did the athletes face a challenge of change too soon? (Anxiety and adrenaline can go either way)
4. Was there travel time considered? Example those traveling the farthest allowed longer recovery.
5. Was their actual compete time at a reasonable hour?
6. Do the coaches monitor curfews and set standards for rest?
7. Were systems put in place to consider the elements both inside and out (hydration for example) and heat exposure?
8. Was there a problem with the mat/equipment?
9. Was medical personnel on hand to monitor both the warm up and competition areas?
10. Were the skills competition ready or not? Until execution becomes the highest priority on the score sheet there is more likely than not to be problems. I saw ALOT of pictures of pyramids (for instance) where it was tweeted that they "HIT" and yet the structure was not anything I would deem safe. Nor would I ever give it a good score for "just hitting". That to me is a crapshoot.

It seems you can't check all of these boxes at any given competition. I would LOVE to see proper execution be a priority.

Changing topics (or attempting to), I just rewatched Top Gun Angels from this weekend and a certain former CEA athlete with the initials TM does 5 running doubles, a toe full, is centre for jumps as well as flying!!!

That girl must be exhausted, not many athletes would have the stamina for 5 doubles in 2:30! :jawdrop:
Is there a video of angels anywhere?

Depressed, because we won't be seeing JB's amazing jumps anymore now that Worlds is over...... [emoji24]
CDr6zWHUIAASnQK.jpg:large

superhuman

i wonder how many of the people in here that were making posts, prior to smoed performng day 2, about how they wished/hoped smoed would fall/lose, would later go on to say (or shimmy) how disrespectful it was for the smos to post their post performance words and pic. so hypocritical.

guess they were mad about smoed crushing their hopes/wishes. :cool:

CDoLg5BWEAABKgv.jpg

hopefully this will console those that wished smoed would fall and lose. they broke their globe trophy:

2n052l1.jpg

:D

omg....what is it about eddie and broken trophies?

Not related but I swear she has left and come back to Smoed probably four times.When does she in fact age out?

Sorry, her name escapes me at the moment but I remember her from the show. I know she's posted on here before.

I recall people borderline searching for her birth certificate when she came back in the show thread lol i believe it was said she is 19 now (cheer age 18). I feel like she's aged out at least 3 times the way she always said farewell to the team, but she should officially be finished with senior teams now. I see her popping up on i6 in the future

Changing topics (or attempting to), I just rewatched Top Gun Angels from this weekend and a certain former CEA athlete with the initials TM does 5 running doubles, a toe full, is centre for jumps as well as flying!!!

That girl must be exhausted, not many athletes would have the stamina for 5 doubles in 2:30! :jawdrop:
She tumbled a lot on her previous teams too. Clearly she has a great cardio workout routine ;)

I recall people borderline searching for her birth certificate when she came back in the show thread lol i believe it was said she is 19 now (cheer age 18). I feel like she's aged out at least 3 times the way she always said farewell to the team, but she should officially be finished with senior teams now. I see her popping up on i6 in the future
Come to think of it, she's one of the few (the only other person I can think of is Madi) members who have always been on the team since their inception in 2011. Everyone else either came later, already left or, like Kyle, took a gap in between.

Back