All-Star Cheersport 2013 Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure this fits here - but yesterday at the BATC I witnessed a real"Dance Mom" moment between two moms from the same gym! Right out in the hall between team rooms, these moms started a heated conversation that escalated to hitting and three adults had to pull them apart. I can only imaging what message this is sending to the kids with regard to sprotsmanship, or even human decent behavior. I will NEVER look at that team the same way again though I hope this was an isolated thing for them.

:jawdrop:

Not sure this fits here - but yesterday at the BATC I witnessed a real"Dance Mom" moment between two moms from the same gym! Right out in the hall between team rooms, these moms started a heated conversation that escalated to hitting and three adults had to pull them apart. I can only imaging what message this is sending to the kids with regard to sprotsmanship, or even human decent behavior. I will NEVER look at that team the same way again though I hope this was an isolated thing for them.
:eek:

I really wish we would have had more time to actually socialize with other teams. Youth1 has to get there at the crack of dawn so the only things on our minds was a midday nap.
We did have a couple of girls from a high school team out of Louisiana that were really sweet to my 6 y/o CP at the food court in the CNN center though. They talked to her like she was thier best friend. Should have taken a pic.
Maybe next year we will be able to enjoy it more??

Does anyone know where to find pictures with the cheer808 girls? I know they told us to look up a hashtag on Instagram and they'll post our pictures on there but I don't remember what it is!

Sent from the Fierce Board App

I can say I have witnessed seeing A LOT of sportsmanship at Cheersport, almost to the point I almost dropped a tear! Day one I was spectating from afar and I turn to look at two special needs girls from different teams sitting a couple rows in front of me. I'm not sure if they knew each other from before, but they were patting each others backs and exchanging hugs that I thought it was the perfect example of how we should be treating our competitors! Also, during the Large Senior 4.2 awards the sportsmanship was OUTSTANDING! Every team stood up to clap for the 1st place team in a domino effect. It was a proud moment!

Also,
I'm sure there were other teams but I specifically remember the teams from Rockstar & Unique all stars who were in the 11:30 awards ceremony that congratulated us as we walked by and stood up for us and clapped! Again these are only the teams I saw because they were right next to us.

Sent from the Fierce Board App

What????? Oh good heavens help me!

Back