All-Star Cheersport 2014 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is the real question, was Brandon's difficulty higher? If yes, then I think the placements are correct. If no, then I don't know. I haven't seen either team so I can't make any judgements but I feel like people are hurt that their favorite team didnt win so its automatically unfair.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Here is the real question, was Brandon's difficulty higher? If yes, then I think the placements are correct. If no, then I don't know. I haven't seen either team so I can't make any judgements but I feel like people are hurt that their favorite team didnt win so its automatically unfair.

I haven't watched that division either but historically BSB is always a top 3 contender which tells me that's the kind of difficulty they have just as regular practice. I wasn't surprised, just from the tweets from yesterday and today, that they had a lot of movement. My impression was they probably had the highest raw score yesterday, just didn't hit. Today they did. At 75%. Done.

Even if a team hit two days in a row, if their raw score was less than Brandon's (which I'm assuming so) they were only ahead because of BSBs deductions. If you take those out of the equation - which happened today - the math gets a lot easier.

Just my uneducated opinion regarding scoring.

I haven't watched that division either but historically BSB is always a top 3 contender which tells me that's the kind of difficulty they have just as regular practice. I wasn't surprised, just from the tweets from yesterday and today, that they had a lot of movement. My impression was they probably had the highest raw score yesterday, just didn't hit. Today they did. At 75%. Done.

Even if a team hit two days in a row, if their raw score was less than Brandon's (which I'm assuming so) they were only ahead because of BSBs deductions. If you take those out of the equation - which happened today - the math gets a lot easier.

I am 95% sure they are talking about the Small Senior D2 placements, 1) ICE 2) Brandon 3) SSX and not small coed!

I am 95% sure they are talking about the Small Senior D2 placements, 1) ICE 2) Brandon 3) SSX and not small coed!
I was gonna say I think its small senior placements - brandon has a small all girl also.

Ahh I'm losing it, I could have sworn I posted this divison. Here's the full list:

1Spirit of Texas A-Team 98.68
2The Stingray All Stars Peach 97.5
3FCA Gems Diamonds 97.2
4ICE Illinois Thunder Girls 96.03
5American Elite Allstars Celebrity 95.48
6Top Gun Lady Jags 95.43
7Cheer City United Lady Titans 95.31
8All Star One Big Bang 94.44
9Top Notch Cheer Queen 93.14
10Charlotte All Stars-Main Teal 92.85
Thanks for posting
Proud Cheer Dad

I was gonna say I think its small senior placements - brandon has a small all girl also.
Yes. There are several people saying that the fact that Brandon beat SSX is a joke. I think the same concept could still apply. Brandon's raw scores were higher but had deductions the first day. The second day they hit and with it being 75%, they moved up.

Can anyone clarify what Cheersport's bid declaration is? I can't seem to figure out how paid bids were awarded... CEA SSX had a score of 97.85 and did not receive a paid bid however Top Gun (97.71) and Stingray Peach (97.5) received paid bids. I can't seem to find bid declaration on their website.

Yes. There are several people saying that the fact that Brandon beat SSX is a joke. I think the same concept could still apply. Brandon's raw scores were higher but had deductions the first day. The second day they hit and with it being 75%, they moved up.

With so many different judging panels/division splits I think this is what happens -( not questioning this outcome -I have much respect for both teams) - but some divisions - some teams saw movement up/down or not at all - so from the outside it is confusing at times - but that is how they choose to do it.

Can anyone clarify what Cheersport's bid declaration is? I can't seem to figure out how paid bids were awarded... CEA SSX had a score of 97.85 and did not receive a paid bid however Top Gun (97.71) and Stingray Peach (97.5) received paid bids. I can't seem to find bid declaration on their website.

Event Producer's choice

ETA: I think they went by division and then gave out the paid bid to the highest scoring team in each division. In my opinion it would be unfair to only go by scores because the judging panels are supposed to be consistent within a division but not across divisions.

With so many different judging panels/division splits I think this is what happens -( not questioning this outcome -I have much respect for both teams) - but some divisions - some teams saw movement up/down or not at all - so from the outside it is confusing at times - but that is how they choose to do it.

Event Producer's choice

ETA: I think they went by division and then gave out the paid bid to the highest scoring team in each division. In my opinion it would be unfair to only go by scores because the judging panels are supposed to be consistent within a division but not across divisions.

Yeah i was kind of thinking it was likely judges/EP discretion. Thanks!

Back