All-Star Cheersport 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Have they announced who got the paid bids yet? I can't find that info.

Worlds bids were announced at 8pmEST on CS's facebook page. Summit bids are on tv.varsity under the 2/21/22 Summit bid reveal.

Now that my legs have somewhat recovered….How did your teams do at cheersport?
Besides the obvious level 6 teams, did anyone see any other stand out teams?

Now that my legs have somewhat recovered….How did your teams do at cheersport?
Besides the obvious level 6 teams, did anyone see any other stand out teams?
Shadow U-19 level 1 from Zodiac Allstars is going viral again. Incredible routine but I feel conflicted because that team is allegedly heavily sandbagged

I can't think of one worlds team that could do that routine, not to mention with that technique. Not sure how much they are sandbagging. According to the owner, they have less than 100 athletes. I won't say they don't have higher level kids on that team, but that is beautiful cheerleading.

Shadow U-19 level 1 from Zodiac Allstars is going viral again. Incredible routine but I feel conflicted because that team is allegedly heavily sandbagged

Same. 1-5 is a huge jump. While it is definitely beautiful, could they have done it if they were a true level 1 or even 2? I heard they practice 30!!!! Hours a week. Insanity.

I can't think of one worlds team that could do that routine, not to mention with that technique.

They'd be able to do that routine if they spent their entire cheerleading career in Level 1 instead of devoting a lot of time toward higher level skills. Let me guess, the girls on this Zodiac team will be competing Level 1 again next year. I wonder what the thrill is in beating up on beginners. I'm assuming they're never challenged by anyone else in their division, so where's the fun in that? And how do you keep a team motivated when it's an automatic win? If you hold the kids back in Level 1 forever, chances are their gym will never grow much past that. As amazing as they were, the routine was a bit repetitive.

There's another team from England at NCA named Kent Cheer Academy in Jr 1 that scored over 98 - seems to be a similar situation. I wonder if these teams ever even advance to Level 2?

Same. 1-5 is a huge jump. While it is definitely beautiful, could they have done it if they were a true level 1 or even 2? I heard they practice 30!!!! Hours a week. Insanity.

For what, a Cheersport jacket? The glory of winning Sr 1? Crazy.

Last edited:
They'd be able to do that routine if they spent their entire cheerleading career in Level 1 instead of devoting a lot of time toward higher level skills. Let me guess, the girls on this Zodiac team will be competing Level 1 again next year. I wonder what the thrill is in beating up on beginners. I'm assuming they're never challenged by anyone else in their division, so where's the fun in that? And how do you keep a team motivated when it's an automatic win? If you hold the kids back in Level 1 forever, chances are their gym will never grow much past that. As amazing as they were, the routine was a bit repetitive.

There's another team from England at NCA named Kent Cheer Academy in Jr 1 that scored over 98 - seems to be a similar situation. I wonder if these teams ever even advance to Level 2?

For what, a Cheersport jacket? The glory of winning Sr 1? Cr
Nothing is an automatic win, even for the stacked teams.

Most of the kids on Zodiac Allstars Shadow cross over to other higher level teams. Those teams do ok at UK competitions, but definitely don't have that same wow factor as Shadow.

Their level 5 team Pink came second at IASF virtual worlds in September. They put out a decent routine, but one that probably wouldn't globe in a normal year. Interestingly, they were the only UK team to enter virtual Worlds. Most teams were only a couple of weeks into full team practices after covid restrictions on training, particularly for over 18s.

Pink have never been to Worlds. Most of the athletes are on Shadow and with crossover rules they've focused on the Summit.

The ultimate debate is what is "true" level. One gym is going to argue beginner athletes are "true" level one. Another gym is going to argue you aren't "true" level one until you have perfected every skill with near perfect technique (gymnastics mentality).

The difference with gymnastics is you have to prefect things before moving up. I know many higher level all star kids that never learned a back-walker, front-walkover, aerial, etc.. They skipped it.

There are high level gymnasts that can't do walkovers etc.

I just remember when my girls did gymnastics for a short time, they could not move up until the perfected BW & FW on both sides, back-handstand extension rolls, etc. The progression was very slow, focused on perfection, and you weren't allowed to skip skills. In Cheer I have seen the opposites, such as kids struggling with back-handsprings working on back-tucks.

Back