All-Star Cheersport Day 1 Chatter

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was at the Cheersport event yesterday. I am very disappointed. Cheersport claims to be a company whose style is "the best routine with the best choreography, the most difficult tumbling and stunting and least mistakes will score high." Look at the small senior level 5 divisions. Someone please explain this one to me. Why in division 1 were there only 3 scores in the 400s and Division 2 almost all of the scores were in the 400s? These two divisions had different judges, interesting. How is Cheer extreme in second place with 14 deductions (division 1) and Ohio extreme with zero deductions is in 7th place (division 1)? I watched the competition, bought the video and watched the preformances again last night. Ohio extreme was amazing. Also, look at the rankings. All of the big named gyms are in the top half and the small gym are ranked in the bottom half. So much for Cheersport's "fair" judging system. In m opinion their "fair, honest and balanced scoring system", should be named the gym who brings the most teams will score high. I guess Cheersports motto should be, Its all in the name.

@cheer momma
Also, look at the rankings. All of the big named gyms are in the top half and the small gym are ranked in the bottom half. So much for Cheersport's "fair" judging system. In m opinion their "fair, honest and balanced scoring system", should be named the gym who brings the most teams will score high. I guess Cheersports motto should be, Its all in the name.
Cheer Command isn't a "big name" gym and they're in 1st. They brought several of their teams it appears, but I don't think many people would have said their name if brought up when talking about big gyms. I think of Cheer Athletics, Top Gun, Stingrays. I don't follow your reasoning completely. I don't think making large and broad statements about the divisions is fair or about the judges favoring teams for bringing in money. Ohio Extreme did look great. However, they put up 4 stunts while a lot of teams put up 5, they did less tosses than some of the other teams, they had less standing tumbling. I'm not discounting them all- they looked great, agreed. However, there's other teams in the division. Sometimes it's not about whether the spectators think the teams looks great- there's a little more to it.. hence why there's judges. It's all about their perspective cause they are the judges.

*I am in no way affiliated with any gym*
.. just a cheer senior citizen who can't let go ..

Can i just add in one more thing, this is cheersport NATIONALS, in case some of you arnt aware, there are over 900 teams here competing, this isnt some no name nationals where all your team needs to do is hit. If you hit at cheersport you should be glad to make top FIVE, there are world champion teams here competing, not taking anything away from any of the other teams, but i feel like way to many people are complaining because they arnt being handed first. You have to beat the best, to be the best. The reason these "big name" gyms are winning so many divisions, is because right now they are THE BEST, which is WHY they are considered a "big name" best of luck to everyone today

I was at the Cheersport event yesterday. I am very disappointed. Cheersport claims to be a company whose style is "the best routine with the best choreography, the most difficult tumbling and stunting and least mistakes will score high." Look at the small senior level 5 divisions. Someone please explain this one to me. Why in division 1 were there only 3 scores in the 400s and Division 2 almost all of the scores were in the 400s? These two divisions had different judges, interesting. How is Cheer extreme in second place with 14 deductions (division 1) and Ohio extreme with zero deductions is in 7th place (division 1)? I watched the competition, bought the video and watched the preformances again last night. Ohio extreme was amazing. Also, look at the rankings. All of the big named gyms are in the top half and the small gym are ranked in the bottom half. So much for Cheersport's "fair" judging system. In m opinion their "fair, honest and balanced scoring system", should be named the gym who brings the most teams will score high. I guess Cheersports motto should be, Its all in the name.

I believe that the answer to your concerns lies in the score sheets. Is your team maxed out in stunts, running and standing tumbling, jumps, etc. and are all the skills in the routine level 5 skills?? Because if their ratios aren't maxed out on the score sheets and they don't perform all level 5 skills, their scores are going to be lower than, say a team with their ratios maxed out and their routine has all level 5 skills. You can have the cleanest routine in level 5 but if you have all level 4 skills and just a couple of fulls and doubles, you will not rank up there in the top 5 because your scores start at a lower level to begin with. Does this make any sense?

Back