All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

20 kids in sm div, 24 inter, 36 large - Jackets SHOULD NOT RUN OUT!! If Cheersport CHOSE to split, then they should have let the teams know that by splitting then Jackets could be limited ( they didn't ). Money wasn't given back and those kids that WON were robbed of their jackets. Now for me I have plenty and would gladly give any one of mine to a kid that won their FIRST jacket. Half the fun of winning a jacket is getting on the plane or riding home and having random "non cheer" people recognize it, or even go to school the day after and show it off or be at school with rival gyms and show it off. I'm sure someone will attack me on this one but I don't feel any excuse justifies this. Those kids were robbed of their moment period.

They ran out of sizes, not Jackets!

They ran out of sizes, not Jackets!
they did run out of level appropriate jackets
And I was told by a coach who won in the last Awards Ceremony that she was told there were NO MORE JACKETS (of any kind) so yes, HER KIDS WERE ROBBED

They were not robbed. The competition was well run with over 900 teams! A team is robbed when they don't get announced in the right place then their moment is stolen. I feel really bad for the kids who didn't get their jacket immediately but they WILL get a jacket. If there is one thing in life I have learned it is that someone will always find something to complain about. While the feelings are justified it is not the last time a child will be disappointed.

20 kids in sm div, 24 inter, 36 large - Jackets SHOULD NOT RUN OUT!! If Cheersport CHOSE to split, then they should have let the teams know that by splitting then Jackets could be limited ( they didn't ). Money wasn't given back and those kids that WON were robbed of their jackets. Now for me I have plenty and would gladly give any one of mine to a kid that won their FIRST jacket. Half the fun of winning a jacket is getting on the plane or riding home and having random "non cheer" people recognize it, or even go to school the day after and show it off or be at school with rival gyms and show it off. I'm sure someone will attack me on this one but I don't feel any excuse justifies this. Those kids were robbed of their moment period.

Speaking of splitting divisions does anyone know what criteria they used when choosing which divisions to split between small and large and which to keep combined... There were only a few that were not split... I would have assumed they only would keep them combined if there was only one large or small team in that division but it did not appear that that was the case...

Please, correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the usasf have a policy about splitting divisions?

They were not robbed. The competition was well run with over 900 teams! A team is robbed when they don't get announced in the right place then their moment is stolen. I feel really bad for the kids who didn't get their jacket immediately but they WILL get a jacket. If there is one thing in life I have learned it is that someone will always find something to complain about. While the feelings are justified it is not the last time a child will be disappointed.
Its called "be prepared for the worst" and cheersport has proven ONCE AGAIN that they werent.

:rolleyes:I'm so sorry that being called 1st place and a champion of CHEERSPORT isn't enough. I guess not having those jackets made that whole winning thing such an awful experience. I'm sure the teams that came in behind them would gladly take the win and wait for the jackets patiently.

Life is to short to be arguing fussing over jacket shortages. That will be coming- Just saying
Thank God he gave you his blessing to make it to and from this competition and that he graced your daughters with the talent for that day. Then again what would little ole me know :)

I didn't compete. I will gladly take the first place/jacket of those not willing to wait. Does it suck? Yes, it can be a bit of a fun-sucker. But I'd just be excited knowing I beat some of the best teams in the country at probably the largest cheer event ever held...ever.

garrett426 said:
someone is robbed when money or other items are stolen from them....

cheerKT said:
I was robbed once. In my car at night about 2 years ago.

I would have rather won Cheersport and not gotten a jacket that day.

Tealfan robbed me of my wetzel pretzel once. It was really awkward

they did run out of level appropriate jackets
And I was told by a coach who won in the last Awards Ceremony that she was told there were NO MORE JACKETS (of any kind) so yes, HER KIDS WERE ROBBED

Probably way off topic but I know a team that never got their Silver medal at Worlds last year--they ran out even though their awards ceremony was around noon. Never heard anything and never got their medals.

Back