All-Star Cheersport Large Senior 4 Results?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seriously -how do they score out that far? I just can't wrap my head around it.

I'll help you with that answer. They can't. (or shouldn't) They can't be accurate to that degree with their system. (Unless one of the judges wrote that Stingrays got a 9.5000102 as their jump score. It would be really tough to write that in the little box they have.) The judges in that particular division also opted to ONLY use scores in .5 increments instead of every other division I saw using scores in .1 increments. If anything, that division should be reported to FEWER significant digits that the other ones. When the judges arbitrarily have to round their scores to the nearest half a point, you can't have placements decided by ten millionths of a point. That doesn't make sense statistically.

That is the either a flat-out error, or the result of rounding one of the 2/3 scores UP to .6666667 and another team having two 1/3 scores that are rounded DOWN to .3333333. If Haydens is worried about the fact that they should have been tied for 4th instead of getting 5th, then they should perhaps mention that to the powers that be.

BlueCat said:
I'll help you with that answer. They can't. (or shouldn't) They can't be accurate to that degree with their system. (Unless one of the judges wrote that Stingrays got a 9.5000102 as their jump score. It would be really tough to write that in the little box they have.) The judges in that particular division also opted to ONLY use scores in .5 increments instead of every other division I saw using scores in .1 increments. If anything, that division should be reported to FEWER significant digits that the other ones. When the judges arbitrarily have to round their scores to the nearest half a point, you can't have placements decided by ten millionths of a point. That doesn't make sense statistically.

That is the either a flat-out error, or the result of rounding one of the 2/3 scores UP to .6666667 and another team having two 1/3 scores that are rounded DOWN to .3333333. If Haydens is worried about the fact that they should have been tied for 4th instead of getting 5th, then they should perhaps mention that to the powers that be.

CHEERSPORT only uses tents of points for L5. L1-L4, half points are used.

CHEERSPORT only uses tents of points for L5. L1-L4, half points are used.
Did not know that. It still doesn't change the fact that a reported score was mathematically impossible to achieve. (Haydens was the only team it affected.) Rarely would that kind of rounding error affect the results in any way.

BlueCat said:
Did not know that. It still doesn't change the fact that a reported score was mathematically impossible to achieve. (Haydens was the only team it affected.) Rarely would that kind of rounding error affect the results in any way.

Very true. I wasn't trying to use that as an excuse to explain the math. Sorry about that. Was just trying to share that judges aren't to use tenths in L1-4.

Thanks for the clarification. I have heard of teams losing by .004 and even then I think "where are we...the Olympics?" I just couldn't understand the number of decimal places on that one.

Back