All-Star Choreography? Point Dancer/ Flyer.... Etc?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sometimes it comes down to flow like the others said. Last year i had the easiest walk to point, so i was put point for round off handsprings to the back. Doesn't seem like much to some of you but for me it was a big deal. I have an issue with my back handsprings because i cannot squeeze my legs together (theyre straight, just miles apart). But i was point, so i fixed it as best as i could. I was only point for 1 or 2 comps tho because then we changed our routine. I was definitely not the best tumbler but it was the way it worked out.

This definitely did not come down to flow because the first 15 seconds one of the 5 year old cheerleaders starts in the back, and then has to quickly come forward to take her place front and center. The biggest unfollowing move in the routine. I guess only time will tell when we see how we do at the first competitions. I just didn't think it was fair when skill seemed to be over looked, and even though my daughter is one of those "cute little ones" considering it is a completion I would rather see the while team score well. Out of the 16 or 18 girls there seem to be several of the girls go unnoticed while others are the center at attention.

This definitely did not come down to flow because the first 15 seconds one of the 5 year old cheerleaders starts in the back, and then has to quickly come forward to take her place front and center. The biggest unfollowing move in the routine. I guess only time will tell when we see how we do at the first competitions. I just didn't think it was fair when skill seemed to be over looked, and even though my daughter is one of those "cute little ones" considering it is a completion I would rather see the while team score well. Out of the 16 or 18 girls there seem to be several of the girls go unnoticed while others are the center at attention.
We definitely had this last year. The same 5 little, cute kids were featured in everything. These kids definitely had the skill to be there, but no more so than the 5-6 older girls behind them. There were just little and cute. I really do think that a lot of times, especially when a mini is on a youth level team, it comes down to the fact that a 5 year old doing a ROBHS with good technique is more impressive than an 8 year old doing the same skill. The older ones with solid skills go by the wayside for "OMG she is so LITTLE to be doing that".

We have the same age imbalance on our team this year, but with a different coach and choreographer skill won out over cuteness.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

At the same time I won't put the most flexible flyer at point if she has the facials of a wet mop, or she's channelling pageant mom kissy face. Good performance is a skill too!

Uusally the cuter kids are the better kids anyway for me so it all works itself out. However, great hair can move you up a couple of rows in my book lol.

We had a choreographer say "you're pretty you can be center" once. The girl was gorgeous and the choreographer is one of my biggest role models to this day- so knowledgeable on cheer and a great person in general. Plus I was point for that routine too so obvi they put the cute ones in front ;) hahahahahah

We had a choreographer say "you're pretty you can be center" once. The girl was gorgeous and the choreographer is one of my biggest role models to this day- so knowledgeable on cheer and a great person in general. Plus I was point for that routine too so obvi they put the cute ones in front ;) hahahahahah

The modest ones too ;) teeheehee!

I don't care how cute your face is, if you skills are ugly, you can be cute from the back.

You. live. in. my. head.

I had a local pageant winner (several local glitz titles, nothing fancy like Teen USA) flyer on my HS team nugget once because while her face was Taylor Swift, her skills were shaved head Britney a la 2007 and only hitting like 20% of the time.

Back