All-Star Cnn Cea Youtbe Link

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah, til Kate gains a pound and a half and everyone on Earth hears about it, or Morgan Freeman marries his step-granddaughter.
So who do we blame about the first one (I'll ignore Morgan Freeman because I live in a delusional world where he really is God lol)? Do we blame Kate for being famous and us hearing about her 'weight gain'? Or do we blame the majority of society for caring enough that it's news? I personally blame society. I think we're a crazy bunch of horrendously indecisive lunatics. Myself included :cool:

So who do we blame about the first one (I'll ignore Morgan Freeman because I live in a delusional world where he really is God lol)? Do we blame Kate for being famous and us hearing about her 'weight gain'? Or do we blame the majority of society for caring enough that it's news? I personally blame society. I think we're a crazy bunch of horrendously indecisive lunatics. Myself included :cool:

Frankly, we blame both. Fame is a fickle friend. The noun, not the program. We build them up to break them down, but they decided to do what they do knowing that fact. I can pretty well bet there are a LOT of actors and actresses that love what they do, are incredibly talented, and could totally hack it in Hollywood, but choose to stay in Buzzletuck, Idaho (no offense to Idahoans) in community theater, because they'll be able to maintain a life there.

I personally blame society. I think we're a crazy bunch of horrendously indecisive lunatics. Myself included :cool:
I don't know what you mean. Well, wait....maybe I do. But then again, maybe there's a good chance I don't but say I will, then when I go into rehab in a few years, I'll reveal that I actually, secretly never understood

:D

I am bumping the most important part of my own post... just cause I can ;-)

Maddie Gardner, you're an awesome, amazing young lady. Your light shines bright, don't ever let anyone take it away from you.

The rest of senior elite, every one of you are amazing young ladies. Your talent is unmistakable and you should be so proud of being incredible athletes and the feature on your team!

Seems to me that with each passing day that we get "connected" to each other more through technology, we move further away from the most important connection, the connection that comes when you look another human being in the eye and understand that each word that comes from your lips can affect the very spirit of the eyes returning your gaze.

tumblr_loj4105BAc1qjhqhmo1_400.jpg

Hehe...Tumblr

PLDHS has been a force in the high school cheer circut since the early 90's, not to long after they opened their doors, they had some , or have some Great teams in their history!!! IMO of course.....

Oh I agree that they have always been talented, it just took a while for them to get the recognition they deserved.

Also I just wanted to say that I love @Just-a-Mom because I feel like most of the time the things she says are things I am thinking but don't feel like sitting down and typing out. Neither of us are members of the Teal Army but we also can't deny talent when we see it.

Lastly if anyone needs some sweet tea to drink while reading this thread I just made a fresh pitcher that is nice and cold in the fridge.

Oh I agree that they have always been talented, it just took a while for them to get the recognition they deserved.

Also I just wanted to say that I love @Just-a-Mom because I feel like most of the time the things she says are things I am thinking but don't feel like sitting down and typing out. Neither of us are members of the Teal Army but we also can't deny talent when we see it.

Lastly if anyone needs some sweet tea to drink while reading this thread I just made a fresh pitcher that is nice and cold in the fridge.
Pass that schtuff. It's hot as Hades here in my room and I could use a cool down..

*puts hands up* yes i agree with everything you say teal army, you are the only one i love, you are the most amazing army ever. *slowly backs away and then runs*

*yawn* you guys bore me. :sharkchase:

It still confuses me how a simple thread to ask for a link of the segment turned into an all out war between adults. It even said to not reply to the thread. I'm a 16 year old girl and I even know that everyone isn't going to be sipping the teal kool-aid. I also know that everything that is said about them is not meant to put them down or used as an attack. I mean, I don't drink the Rays orange juice and you don't see @bOyRANGE rounding up the troops to come kill me or me putting the team down.

That being said I will watch this silly thread continue while I drink my teal colored kool-aid *takes a sip*

Aaaarrrggghhhh...I SWORE I wouldn't touch this thread with a 10 foot pole, but I just can't help it. I've followed this whole thread (and the first one that was locked) since the special first aired. And I've held my tongue, because I think most people are aware I'm definitely no member of the teal army.

The only thing I want to touch on is this: I find it very interesting that everyone is so adamant in saying that Maddie is just a teenager and people should remember that, but no one has mentioned that SO ARE HER TEAMMATES. No one seems to remember that this is a group of 35 other girls who are also still young, and at this age emotions are hard to keep a reign on.

You say this like it's the most awful thing in the world. Of course they're bitter and upset they didn't receive any credit for their involvement. Do they not practice just as much as she does? Did they not help win Worlds in 2010? Do they not show up with injuries and work through them? So yes, I think TEENAGE GIRLS might be hurt that they were brushed aside like back-up dancers in Maddie's show - "Maddie and her Senior Elites". Is it necessarily Maddie's fault? I have no idea - I don't know the girl, but I'm inclined to think in this case, no, not her fault. I think about 99.9% of the people on here don't know her, so none of us are really qualified to say whether or not she actually feels any particular way.

I would imagine that this is a group of 35 young ladies who've spent YEARS in Maddie's shadow. 35 young ladies who are just as much Senior Elite as she is. So instead of everyone acting so shocked that they reacted this way, and trying to figure out ways to make them not feel something that is perfectly reasonable and logical to feel...why not look into the fact that they've probably felt this way FOREVER...and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back for many of them. I sincerely doubt this is the first time they've had to deal with being made to feel like extras in a movie about Maddie. It has to be frustrating and horrible on a teenager's self esteem to know that no matter how hard you work, and no matter what you do you'll always just be on "Maddie's team". I don't think she has any control over any of this...but I think it's reprehensible for everyone on here to say these girls are horrible for expressing feelings that they've probably had bottled up for awhile now.

Was Twitter the best place for this venting of feelings? Of course not...but that's what teenage girls DO. They blast their feelings all over the internet first, think about the repurcussions second.

I thank God every day that facebook, twitter and pretty much daily use of the internet was not around when I was a teenage girl.

It still confuses me how a simple thread to ask for a link of the segment turned into an all out war between adults. It even said to not reply to the thread. I'm a 16 year old girl and I even know that everyone isn't going to be sipping the teal kool-aid. I also know that everything that is said about them is not meant to put them down or used as an attack. I mean, I don't drink the Rays orange juice and you don't see @bOyRANGE rounding up the troops to come kill me or me putting the team down.

That being said I will watch this silly thread continue while I drink my teal colored kool-aid *takes a sip*
Kingston opened it up for discussion by the third post

all i have to say is you better sleep with one eye open :)

@Just-a-Mom I think I may have been one of the few people that actually understood what your original post was about. Teenage girls have swift and painful reactions to everything. So I quoted your post and replied then continued to read the rest of the thread. I was so confused at the posts criticizing yours. Did everybody actually read what she said? Just wondering...

Back