All-Star Coaches And Their Personal Life (music Related)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
What are your thoughts on coaches using their kids music mixes to reflect on their personal life (wether its good or bad) do you think its a good thing to have athletes be dragged into something that they shouldn't of?

This is just a simple question no need to throw gym names out or coaches name. Just a question on you thoughts about this.

What are your thoughts on coaches using their kids music mixes to reflect on their personal life (wether its good or bad) do you think its a good thing to have athletes be dragged into something that they shouldn't of?

This is just a simple question no need to throw gym names out or coaches name. Just a question on you thoughts about this.

I can appreciate a good mix, so if it comes from someone's personal life then I am not inclined to care as long as it's not too much. An example of too much? A coach is going through a breakup and chooses songs that are all sad country songs. No matter what, I don't want a mix to be all the same- all hard rock, all ballads, all techno beats, etc. I want a mix that fits the team, the routine, and flows well.

I feel like sometimes you can be inspired by lyrics and what not, I know I have been in the past but I never sat down with a team and said ' I picked this song cause this one time my ex did this ...and now I think of him when I hear this song' no...Granted one year we had a girl empowerment theme but it was not due to a breakup and the kids never would of put the two together. This topic is interesting, it goes back to how their show always be a separation between the kids/parents and coaches.

This is a little weird.. I think it may be okay if it's something in the coach's life that's good and nice. But if a coach feels the need to make the whole mix surround their personal problems then that's not okay. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Well...I guess I kind of did that this year, but it had more to do with cheer and not like relationships or anything. I was let go from my coaching position of 6 years and I decided to go make my own team, our music has all things about not backing down, being strong, defying the odds and stuff like that...but I have a feeling that this is something completely different than what you're talking about.

I use songs from my personal life all the time, but it tends to tie into the team some how. I do know of a Worlds team back from like 2008 or 2009 that the mix was about the owner breaking up with his GF. I myself and the whole team found it funny!

umm, not sure I have ever listened to a mix that was about a coach's personal life. Not sure I would know if I did, and I can guarantee I wouldn't care.
If I didn't have bronchitis right now I'd belt one out on the fly just for laughs (ok, so part of one ;))

Unless the mix ends up sounding terrible or inappropriate because of it, no one outside of the team/gym is going to ever notice or care. Actually, I'd bet that even no one on the team/in the gym would ever notice unless it was specifically mentioned.

Back