All-Star Coaches Dating Athletes With Parent Approval

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also, just because you 'fall in love' with someone, doesn't mean you have to date them. I've watched girls on my volleyball team I coach 'fall in love' with a different guy every week..quite frankly, MOST teenage girls I've seen in HS have the miraculous ability to love at random and change it every 5 days. Astounding..

I disagree. You can help who you fall in love with great morals and standards. I don't care how head over heels I fall in love with someone. If you do hard drugs; its over. If they are under 18 or in an athlete status to me or any other gym for a Senior team; its not even going to begin. Standards and ethics people. Get some.
I was refering to the post of the guy who mentioned a 21 yr old coach and an 18 yr old cheerleader....if you look at my post...I have a terrible time with the two statements "coaches dating students" and "with parental consent"....they do not belong together...if you need parental concent....forget it!!!!

this whole topic creeps me out, especially in light of a couple of other open threads.... the 'teenage' years are different than the 20's +, they are a few exceptions to that rule, certainly, but i really don't think the two should mix. as for adding the words 'coach' and athlete' into the equation....the coach is (presumably) in a position of authority, supervising and overseeing the athletes at that gym. very much like a student/teacher relationship. i think that regardless if the 'student' is 18 or 19, the teacher is in a position of authority, power if you will, and THAT is the line that shouldn't be crossed~

i had a cousin (18) that dated her teacher (36). i loved her to death, but told her outright she was nuts and he was a creep!

Back