All-Star Coaches Dating Athletes With Parent Approval

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
How would you feel if your cp's teammate was dating a coach at the gym?

What if the aforementioned teammate's parents are ok with the relationship, are you?

Thoughts....

nooooo, not at all.
i think the coach could move the athlete to front row just because of their relationship.
if the athlete gets moved to the back corner for jumps (etc.), it could cause problems and jeopardize the relationship..
if they ever broke up, it'd be SUPER awkward and the athlete would probably end up switching gyms.

all in all, no...

socratesofcheer said:
How would you feel if your cp's teammate was dating a coach at the gym?

What if the aforementioned teammate's parents are ok with the relationship, are you?

Thoughts....

I think it's inappropriate for athletes under 18 or are on senior level teams. Big no no.

glitterdiva said:
If the athlete and coach are over 18 they can do what they want. If coach is over 18 and athlete under 18 that is a big no no no.

If the coach works for me they can't. I would not approve of an employee dating an athlete in most scenarios.

Happened at a gym near me. But the coach was young (23, I believe) and the athlete was 18, a super senior and in college. He also was not a main coach of her team (senior 5). They discussed everything with the owner beforehand of course, and they have now been together about a year. She is coaching a local middle school and he's still with the gym. I think they are both cheering on open this coming season.

An 18 year old on senior five with me dated one of the coaches for a junior team. It was one of those things where everyone knew but no one talked about it.
He was only like 23, so it wasnt a huge deal.

It is fine if the athlete is 18? What about 17? 16?
Is the cutoff when they are a minor? When they can't drive?

If the athlete is over the legal age of consent for that state (which is many states is 16) and there is no rule against it at the gym then there isn't much that can be done about it. If it is not causing problems within the gym I would probably ignore it. It would be weird if it were that athletes coach (for their team) but I would probably just ignore it the best that I could.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Age_of_Consent_updated_for_Canada.png

If the athlete is over the legal age of consent for that state (which is many states is 16) and there is no rule against it at the gym then there isn't much that can be done about it. If it is not causing problems within the gym I would probably ignore it. It would be weird if it were that athletes coach (for their team) but I would probably just ignore it the best that I could.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Age_of_Consent_updated_for_Canada.png
mexico's age of consent is 9 that is gross and wrong

LOL all i need to know is who this is happening too im about to who bang on this coach for being an idiot. specially if the athlete is an underage kid... REGARDLESS THE ANSWER IS A BIG FAT NO!!!!

I'll only address this as far as consenting adults. Just like in the workplace, it's easy to get wrapped up in people that you spend a lot of time with, but it doesn't often end positively. There are certainly exceptions, but it's usually not a good idea.
If the parties involved are of age, we can't reasonably have an opinion, now can we?

...A girl I know was dating the son of her parents best friend. Both parents agreed it was ok, but went on the first few 'dates' with them. It's probably because she was 16 and he was 26. And OH does everyone and their auntie's dog know how bad THAT relationship is lol (Constantly cheating on one another..and yet they're engaged. When they get married and it's asked if anyone has a reason why these two should not be wed, I'm just waiting for a projector slide to drop and just show the photographic evidence of them cheating with everyone in town haha)

Back