All-Star Coaches Making Athletes Promise

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If she was threatened to be kicked off then as a parent I would remove my child from that gym and take her elsewhere. To ask a child something like that is just stupid and to me unprofessional the their part. I would actually take my child to UA just in spite, but that is just the inner mean girl in me.
I totally agree.
this little girl that had to make this promise is like 9 or 10. she had to promise she wouldnt leave her gym for UA or else she would get kicked off her team. if that's not immature for a coach to do, then i dont know what is.
I hope she or someone told this little girls parents, and now...knowing this, they should get out as fast as possible! This is not a question/threat you make to any child, let alone a 9-10 year old.

I hope she or someone told this little girls parents, and now...knowing this, they should get out as fast as possible! This is not a question/threat you make to any child, let alone a 9-10 year old.[/quote]

well i guess it's not a question or a "threat", because the athlete just thinks that it is fine because they have been with that coach for a few years. so she got to know the gym and feels guilty if she promised to stay, but leaves.

well i guess it's not a question or a "threat", because the athlete just thinks that it is fine because they have been with that coach for a few years. so she got to know the gym and feels guilty if she promised to stay, but leaves.

I understand not wanting to hurt someone, but you just don't make a promise that you don't know if you can keep. My boss has joked a few times about never transfering to another base because we get along, I told him that if the opportunity came up to move closer to where I am from I would probably leave. I love my boss and love working for him, but I can't promise him that I won't take another job that would benefit me more.

It makes it worse that this was asked of a 9 year old.

I think its fair to have the kids promise they won't leave the gym halfway through the season, but it coaches are making them promise that not matter what they will always cheer at their gym then that isn't okay.

this little girl that had to make this promise is like 9 or 10. she had to promise she wouldnt leave her gym for UA or else she would get kicked off her team. if that's not immature for a coach to do, then i dont know what is.
The words in red.....they are a threat. That coach is threatening to throw her off the team if she doesn't promise to stay all season.

Back