All-Star Coaching Level 3 Vs Level 1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 24, 2014
Hi all!

This year I will be coaching a level one team instead of my usual level three. While I am getting myself more familiar with the rules and scoring, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for switching over? This will be the first time our organization has ever had a junior 1, and I entered the allstar world at level 3 when I cheered. Any tips on making choreography interesting, etc?

Hi all!

This year I will be coaching a level one team instead of my usual level three. While I am getting myself more familiar with the rules and scoring, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for switching over? This will be the first time our organization has ever had a junior 1, and I entered the allstar world at level 3 when I cheered. Any tips on making choreography interesting, etc?
For an elite stunt maybe do a giddy-up to heel stretch (at prep level) and make sure you have your flyer hold there one hand with a base to make the stunt legal, then go down to stomach area, then do a scorp then a scale, then go back up to prep (with both legs), then do a cradle. I don't think I worded it correctly. I also used this stunt because our youth team did almost this exact same stunt.

I coached level 1 last year. You have to get way more creative since there's less you can do stuntwise for transitions and visuals.

Hi all!

This year i am coaching junior 3 first time coaching it and all my previous seasons I coached youth 1. Do you have any tips for level 3? :D

As far as level 1 goes its all about creativity in your stunts. Even simple things that aren't that hard to do (last season a level 1 team did this stunt where they were in a teddy bear, put the flyer on the ground (still in the teddy bear), then the bases moved stunt groups, then they picked up the flyer) wasnt hard at all BUT it was visually very cool and the team ended up taking first. Also my team probably wanted to kill me everytime that I said "straight legs in your backwalkovers", honestly can't stress it enough. I thought my team had all straight legs and looked awesome then saw we only got a 4.6 in technique; just having two or three girls with semi-straight legs makes a huge difference in bringing your score down since they stick out. Hope you have an awesome season!

This year i am coaching junior 3 first time coaching it and all my previous seasons I coached youth 1. Do you have any tips for level 3? :D

As far as level 1 goes its all about creativity in your stunts. Even simple things that aren't that hard to do (last season a level 1 team did this stunt where they were in a teddy bear, put the flyer on the ground (still in the teddy bear), then the bases moved stunt groups, then they picked up the flyer) wasnt hard at all BUT it was visually very cool and the team ended up taking first. Also my team probably wanted to kill me everytime that I said "straight legs in your backwalkovers", honestly can't stress it enough. I thought my team had all straight legs and looked awesome then saw we only got a 4.6 in technique; just having two or three girls with semi-straight legs makes a huge difference in bringing your score down since they stick out. Hope you have an awesome season!
My team did this stunt as a show-me stunt when we were supposed to be level 3: So first do a full-up to prep on 1, then bench up to extension on the next 1, then full twist down 7, then reload on 3, then do a ba-ha (idk how to spell it) on 7.

Thanks!! We will definitely have to play around with our stunts and tumbling. :)

My advice for level three is very similar. Technique, technique, technique. I feel like so many teams try to push themselves to level three when they aren't ready, so the routines are generally a little on the sloppy side (at least in my area). Tucks with knees together, beautiful stretches, and overall cleanliness will really make you stand out. And there are so many more loads you can do at 3, take advantage of them! There's so many small competitions where I just see regular load after regular load. Be creative! Good luck!!!! :)

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Back