All-Star Coed Stunting Expectations At Tryouts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My oldest cheers at a top ranked NCA cheer program (last three years finished in top 3 and won two years ago). That being said, it is a 50 member program with only 20 making mat (term used for being on the competition team). Best advice. Go to clinics. Meet coaches. Our clinics are open to HS and older kids. Often recruits are invited to games and practices to see how our program is run. It’s not just football. It’s also home b-ball and volleyball and gymnastics meets to cheer at and lifts at 6am and public appearances. Practices are at night. Often to 9 or 10pm. See what the program commitment is. It’s also true that year to year the skills needed to get in the program vary by the spots open on the team. Sometimes the hardest part of getting on the team is actually getting into the school itself. Make sure first that the school and what it offers is what she wants.

The local university here (strong UCA School) has clinics down to age 12 at CP’s cheer gym every month or two once football season has passed, in addition to the official pre-tryout clinics that are just for incoming students. It’s also nice for kids on all-Girl teams to have the chance to try some co-ed stunting.
I am not a fan of college clinics that allow athletes that young to attend. Maybe a sophomore or junior in high school but a 12 year old at the same clinic as my high school senior just rubs me the wrong way. I much prefer when the clinics run by college teams are separated into a session for the younger group and a sessions for those who are almost at the college level.

There was one where juniors and seniors wore red numbers on their shirts. If you weren't a junior or senior you didn't get a number. Sure it made it easier to identify the true recruits.

Any opinions on The Scout Out Camps?

There was one where juniors and seniors wore red numbers on their shirts. If you weren't a junior or senior you didn't get a number. Sure it made it easier to identify the true recruits.

Any opinions on The Scout Out Camps?
Not worth the money in my opinion. It's far better to go to the specific college clinics.

"
G. Tumbling

1. Tumbling skills performed over, under or through partner stunts, pyramids or individuals are prohibited.
  2. Tumbling skills that exceed one flipping rotation are prohibited.
  3. Tumbling skills with two or more twisting rotations are prohibited.
  4. Dive rolls are prohibited.
  5. Airborne drops to a prone position on the performing surface are illegal. (Examples: A back flip or a jump landing in a pushup position is illegal. A handspring to a pushup position is legal as it is not airborne prior to the prone landing.)"
I had no idea dive rolls weren't allowed.

Back