College College Cheer Or All Star Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 17, 2012
I was wondering if it would be smart to do all star cheer in college - international team- or would it make more sense to do cheer at the college. I like the all star teams better than the college teams because they have faster routines, better tumbling and have more males for coed. (these are just my thoughts I do not attend to offend anyone). Basically what do y'all think I should do. I have my eyes set on Twisters Black Ice since I'm in MD and its my dream team.

I have done all star throughout college and as long as you don't have an extremely tough course load it is definitely doable. I would look into the requirements for the team you are looking at joining. Look at how many times they practice a week, how many competitions they normally attend in a season, if the comps are local or not (obviously the more traveling you do for cheer the more expensive it will be), and find out if you need an internship for your college to graduate because I know it is hard for me to find one, and even a job, with my crazy cheer schedule! Cheering in college is probably great too, but from my experience the girls on the team at my college were really cliquey and dramatic, and seemed more into the social aspect than Cheerleading itself. Hope I helped!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back