College College Competition Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2014
So this might be a dumb question but when I was looking at competitions other than nationals a lot do not have college divisions. Is this because at those events colleges compete in level 6?

Colleges don't compete often so there isn't much reason to offer college divisions at every event.

Are you taking about all star competitions? Or high school? Colleges don't really compete besides their own nationals. Mainly from time constraints, colleges focus a lot on gameday and typically have a bigger presence in the community and school (alum events, pre-game events, anywhere the school wants you to be essentially). Also, there just isn't a lot of competition nearby, and just trying to get a lot of these big schools in one place more than once a year is kinda difficult. And why compete if you don't have a lot of competition? Which is why a lot of college teams will exhibition once or twice a year.
Also, with maybe the exception of OSU/T&S and Louisville/Gymtyme, lots of level 6 teams will pull from multiple colleges in the area with athletes who want to cheer but maybe their school doesn't have a competitive team or even a team at all.

That is correct. College teams who do compete either compete at UCA, NCA, and USA. But I do know that CheerSport has college divisions (I know the UK white squad compete there).

Back