College College Non-tumble?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
I know COA used to have a college non-tumble division. I don't see it anywhere on their website anymore. Does anyone know if they or any other company may offer this as a division?

At this point, non unfortunately. Most college cheerleading squads as a rule are experts at tumbling. Most dance teams don't.

I don't know, I would have to disagree, especially if you're talking about a division 3 school. Division 3 schools have a hard time attracting talent, because there's no scholarship money available. It isn't such a disadvantage if you're another sport, because you're competing against other division 3 schools. In cheer, if you're not doing NCA, you're in there with all the big dog schools. I had 25 girls and 1 guy tryout for my competition team this week... Only 2 with backhandsprings, and that's it. College 4/ College Intermediate still requires level 4 tumbling skills... I'm like :help:

I don't know, I would have to disagree, especially if you're talking about a division 3 school. Division 3 schools have a hard time attracting talent, because there's no scholarship money available. It isn't such a disadvantage if you're another sport, because you're competing against other division 3 schools. In cheer, if you're not doing NCA, you're in there with all the big dog schools. I had 25 girls and 1 guy tryout for my competition team this week... Only 2 with backhandsprings, and that's it. College 4/ College Intermediate still requires level 4 tumbling skills... I'm like :help:

I wish that there was a non-tumbling division for colleges but I don't think that there is. I believe NCA has a division for high schools that is either non building or non tumbling. Maybe with enough people behind it an idea can be presented to NCA about it.
Have you checked out the NCA DIII teams in Daytona? I ask because I remember knowing any of the teams so I didn't know what kind of skills they were throwing.

Yeah, I used to cheer for one lol... it's a tough division if you dont have Level 5 tumblers:)

Back