College Tryout Advice.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 9, 2014
I'm trying out for college cheer in about a month and a half and I'm not really sure what to expect. It's a small school, and it's in Michigan, but I don't know if that makes a difference at all. I've tried to find info on this team everywhere but I can only find like one video, and I emailed the coach for the dates.

I'm trying out for college cheer in about a month and a half and I'm not really sure what to expect. It's a small school, and it's in Michigan, but I don't know if that makes a difference at all. I've tried to find info on this team everywhere but I can only find like one video, and I emailed the coach for the dates.
What school are you trying out for, if you don't mind me asking? I go to Saginaw Valley and have friends that cheer for Davenport and Alma!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

look the part!

looking game day ready at tryouts is definitely something they look for. If they specify what you need to wear or how you need to do your hair/makeup..make sure you follow their guidelines. looking put together will boost your confidence too :)

good luck!

look the part!

looking game day ready at tryouts is definitely something they look for. If they specify what you need to wear or how you need to do your hair/makeup..make sure you follow their guidelines. looking put together will boost your confidence too :)

good luck!

thank you so much!

I'm going to Oakland University :)
I don't know much about their program except I'm pretty sure they compete NCA! I looked into them a while back when I was going to tranfer. Wish I could help more, but good luck!! :)

I don't know much about their program except I'm pretty sure they compete NCA! I looked into them a while back when I was going to tranfer. Wish I could help more, but good luck!! :)
even that much is more than i could find! thank you:)

If you haven't already done so, email the coach and ask what the tryout process is like and what type of skills they are looking for. Also ask if there is a certain way they would like you to dress for tryouts. Some teams require you to look game ready at tryouts but others don't have a preference.

If you haven't already done so, email the coach and ask what the tryout process is like and what type of skills they are looking for. Also ask if there is a certain way they would like you to dress for tryouts. Some teams require you to look game ready at tryouts but others don't have a preference.
I already did that, but all she told me was required tumbling/stunting to have so i'm not really sure

Oh Oakland University is in our conference! Let's see, all that I remember from seeing them at tournament games (I didn't see the games because I was working since we hosted but I saw them warm up), the all had their hair curled half up/half down with a poof. I loved their make-up (I think it was a natural smokey eye with red lips). Skills, I remember just remember libs and back handsprings. Not totally helpful, but might help with how to do your hair and makeup for tryouts hahah

Oh Oakland University is in our conference! Let's see, all that I remember from seeing them at tournament games (I didn't see the games because I was working since we hosted but I saw them warm up), the all had their hair curled half up/half down with a poof. I loved their make-up (I think it was a natural smokey eye with red lips). Skills, I remember just remember libs and back handsprings. Not totally helpful, but might help with how to do your hair and makeup for tryouts hahah

That actually helps me so much, so thank you:)

Back