All-Star Comp Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 13, 2014
Just curious in hearing how other gym's do their competition makeup? Does your gym supply the makeup or do you go out and purchase it yourself.

ours is supplied to us by the gym. we get 2 eyeshadows, eye glitter, eyeliner, fake lashes and lash glue, blush/bronzer, and lipstick.

They suggest a palette that every one should get and a way to apply it. ( we have found a short video in it). Older kids help the younger ones with make up when needed

we have a list of things to buy and then we go out and get them on our own. but we have instructions on how it should look

We purchase a makeup kit from the gym, and the gym tells everyone how to apply it.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I was just curious if you any of your teams/gyms use glitter instead of eyeshadow?

Standard kit from the gym is part of our fees. There are appliCation videos we are supposed to go watch, and I do it as instructed, but last year many people didn't and no one seemed to care. Definitely no glitter. I don't see very many programs around here using it anymore

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Oh glitter. The herpes of cheer make up.

My parents moved their home office into my HS bedroom when I moved out for college like 12 years ago.

They swear that they still find school and all star cheer glitter in the corners and closet carpet. From 2002. I believe them.

Should you happen to see any cheerleaders still wearing it, pinch yourself and make sure you haven't been time-warped back to the early 2000s!

Oh glitter. The herpes of cheer make up.

My parents moved their home office into my HS bedroom when I moved out for college like 12 years ago.

They swear that they still find school and all star cheer glitter in the corners and closet carpet. From 2002. I believe them.

Should you happen to see any cheerleaders still wearing it, pinch yourself and make sure you haven't been time-warped back to the early 2000s!
The other day we were talking about what our makeup would be and someone said they wanted glitter. I was like "uh, no, it's 2014 not 2004!"

We have an optional kit that comes with 3 very glittery loose eye shadows, eye primer and a lipgloss/stain. It has a little card that tells you how to put on the eye shadow but I don't think most people follow it. I think anyone who doesn't buy it is just asked to try and get as close to what the card says as possible.

Our makeup changes every year but it is part of the uniform fees. Last year we had a super pigmented blue and then a silvery shadow that went over it. We also had a pink blush and pink lipstick. We have a parent meeting and the gym owner does a demonstration. Still, that doesn't stop people from doing their own thing with the makeup when competition time comes around. The lipstick didn't last too long so I always opt for something in the same shade from the drug store. I got tired of CP's lipstick being gone by the time she hit the mat.

Back