All-Star Comp Rules On Jewelry?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 3, 2011
I've noticed in a lot of photos of well known gyms that the athletes are wearing rings, necklaces and belly rings before comps. Do they take these items off? I ask because in Australia all body jewelry must be taken off while cheering- even at practice.

I've noticed in a lot of photos of well known gyms that the athletes are wearing rings, necklaces and belly rings before comps. Do they take these items off? I ask because in Australia all body jewelry must be taken off while cheering- even at practice.
gyms make up the rules for practice, but in competition if the judges see jewelery you get deducted.

ahh thanks for clarifying! i'd hate to imagine how much getting a belly ring ripped out would hurt :eek:

gyms make up the rules for practice, but in competition if the judges see jewelery you get deducted.

And sometimes, despite all the judges at the table seeing a piece of jewelry and deducting for it-the EP will reverse it b/c the coach complains and claims that the athlete had take it out, or (my favorite) is to bring up a completely different athlete and say "see she doesn't even have that piercing" (when we said middle stunt during pyramid-who was blonde and coach brings over an Asian girl). Just awesome.

And sometimes, despite all the judges at the table seeing a piece of jewelry and deducting for it-the EP will reverse it b/c the coach complains and claims that the athlete had take it out, or (my favorite) is to bring up a completely different athlete and say "see she doesn't even have that piercing" (when we said middle stunt during pyramid-who was blonde and coach brings over an Asian girl). Just awesome.
bahah the sad thing is, is that they actually do this. just stupid!

i have my belly pierced and i leave it in at comps right until we go in for warmups then i take it out but for practice i leave in depending on what were doing like i dont leave it in when im getting spotted for a full or when im doubling from a skill but other then that i keep it in

I just gave a deduction for that this past weekend. USASF rules say you can just tape over jewelry and there was an athlete that it was extremely clear had taped jewelry.

ive always had a question about this, what about medical alert bracelets? ive been at gyms where coaches tell us to just tape over them but never have actually taped them always taken them off cause they kill my wrists like a son of gun when i base baskets but is this legal (im assuming not but what do coaches do with athletes like this?)

It wouldn't completely close up, I'm pretty sure it's not even possible. I don't think cells can replicate and heal that quickly.
Oh no mine sort of starts healing.. I usually have it out for about an hour or an hour and a half (I'm a crossover) and by the time I put it back I have to poke it through pretty hard and the bottom is basically closed so it bleeds.. it's really gross.. I only got it done a few months ago so it never got a chance to really heal.
I'm considering just taking it out completely because it's such a hassle.

ive always had a question about this, what about medical alert bracelets? ive been at gyms where coaches tell us to just tape over them but never have actually taped them always taken them off cause they kill my wrists like a son of gun when i base baskets but is this legal (im assuming not but what do coaches do with athletes like this?)

I've only had one girl with one. There were two solutions:
1. Take it off going.on.to the floor and give to.a.coach to hold. Then coach met her as she stepped off the floor.

2. Take it off and use medical tape to tape it to her chest/torso where it was.covered by the uniform.

Back