High School Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2011
Hey everyone, My team is competing this saturday and we cant figure out what to do with our hair. We know we are going to do a poof and then french braid up the back. but we were lost on what we could do with out pony tails. Tease, krimp, straight? I dunno - Does anyone have an ideas ?

Hey everyone, My team is competing this saturday and we cant figure out what to do with our hair. We know we are going to do a poof and then french braid up the back. but we were lost on what we could do with out pony tails. Tease, krimp, straight? I dunno - Does anyone have an ideas ?

that already sounds like way to much work! I might be boring, but i'm a fan of a straight pony tail, no braids, no poofs, nothing. I hate it when girls are worried about their hair more than their skills.

On another note, I think teased straight hair looks super cute.

Good luck at your competition! Where are you competing?

I am going to try a couple different style with them tomorrow at practice. We are competing in Derry, NH. Its a middle school team theres just no Middle School Forum. I like what you said though about just plain straight ponytails and focusing on skill instead of the hair! :] Makes a big point ! Thank you !

The hard thing is we arent allowed to use bobby pins and their hair has to be off the back. The hair cant sit on their shoulders so if someone has VERY short hair its a huge hassle !

We had the no bobby pin rule in middle school too, so my team did this:
Take your bangs (or front side section of hair) and tie it back with a little rubberband, do a smaller one of those on the other side, and pull them back into the pony. Lots of us had bangs and this was the only way to keep them back. Also the french braid up the back is a great way to keep those little flyaways up without having to use bobby pins or clips.

Back