High School Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What hairstyle does your team do for competitions?

• Total voters
I don't mind anything really as long as there is nothing in the face, however, I DESPISE poofs. They go in and out of style very fast and in 3 years you will all look at your pictures and think you look stupid. ALSO everyone's poof is totally different. :)
Poofs are like a period piece for cheerleading. Heck, my cps used to wear cheercurl hairpieces when we first started. Talk about looking back at pictures and just smh.
It's kind of like how my high school and collge yearbooks are just filled with big big hair and we all sort of sadly look like we were extras in Desperately Seeking Susan.

High Pony with a poof. or High pony with a braid, hair straight...that's how my school did it. I preferred the look of the poof with the bows.

Yuck to the tight curls. I love loose curls for comp like World Cup does, but tight ones aren't easily pulled off. I mean, CJA does it and it looks good on some of the girls, but I think it would look cleaner straightened or with loose curls.

My HS team's comp hair is picked by our coaches. We do straight hair, slicked up, no poof. We did poofs once, and it looked great, but we haven't been allowed to do it since.

Our team hair situation is so dumb. We have to do a weird, tight french braid thing with our bangs that only three girls on the team can properly do, so the entire team has to find one of those girls and get her to do their braid. Then we have to have a high ponytail but our coaches think bows facing foreword makes us look like minnie mouse (which according to them means we look dumb) so they make us have our bows face the back but our hair is in a high pony so the tails flip over and it looks ridiculous. And they mostly have our hair straightened but for school performances it doesn't matter if it's straight or curly.

Our team hair situation is so dumb. We have to do a weird, tight french braid thing with our bangs that only three girls on the team can properly do, so the entire team has to find one of those girls and get her to do their braid. Then we have to have a high ponytail but our coaches think bows facing foreword makes us look like minnie mouse (which according to them means we look dumb) so they make us have our bows face the back but our hair is in a high pony so the tails flip over and it looks ridiculous. And they mostly have our hair straightened but for school performances it doesn't matter if it's straight or curly.

its funny you say that because my school is in the same position. We have a new coach for winter, and our fall coach let us do any hair we wanted. Obviously we liked it, cause that meant we could do whatever we thought looked good on us but we did not look good as a team. She changed it to slicked back pony on top of our heads. Or we could have a french braid with a high pony, but none of us know how to french braid besides like 2 girls. Sometimes we're allowed to do poofs, but let me tell ya, I am the only girl on my team who knows how to properly do a poof and i'm not doing 22 poofs. Sorry but its not happening. As for competition hair, my school doesn't compete so it's not a problem :)

For HS We aren't allowed to have our hair touch our neck/face/shoulders so we do buns. We use hairnets to keep the hair contained. At regionals we did a braid, at state we did a poof, the seniors decide what we do with the front.
For allstar, my first year we had a pony with a hairpiece... it was not attractive lol, but then we changed it to half up half down with our hair straight but flipped at the end.
The next year we just did it up and straight, no poof, really high ponytail
The next year for our first comp we did high pony with curls, but after that we did all the way up and straight with no poof (unless you were me or one other girl and you had a bob, we got to do half up)

262707_563084880372915_556300314_n.jpg

thats how i do mine now, as cheyylovee98 said, thats how varsity does it. and i hated it, i dont find it comfortable, im always worried its messed up, i like curly hair with a big poof(; (I dont curl mine, i french braid it in the photo)

We have been begging and I mean BEGGING for our coach to let us do straight ponys for competition. They would look sleek with our white uniforms. However, she loves curls, which I usually love too. The only problem is literally every girl on my team has medium to really long hair. Also, everyones hair is super thin and straight and hard to curl. This means only the girls that are really good at curling hair do everybodys hair, and it usually takes 30-45 mins each.

Back