All-Star Competition Hairstyles

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We go half up half down curls!

2uf7zme.jpg

ehzp1h.jpg

Very cute...do you use rollers or a curling iron????

Oh goodness. Appearance. I could go ON AND ON about things I do and don't like!

My hair styles throughout my all star career.
05-06: Half up half down; straight. Hated it for the whole team, especially on girls with longer hair. SO sloppy looking while competing.
06-07: Poof and a high pony tail; straight (if long enough). Love it. Clean, classy and athletic looking. My favorite.
07-08: Half up half down; curly. Not my favorite (especially on me). I have super fine hair that can't hold a curl for over a half hour. The only time I like this look is when it looks good on EVERY girl on the team and if it holds.
08-09: Poof and high pony tail; straight. But my hair wasn't long enough so I had my hair half up half down in a poof.
09-10: Half up half down; curly. No poof. My hair was WAY too short for this, even shorter than the previous season (as you can see in my facebook pictures). One reason I cut my hair is because I hate curls in my hair. So I cut it so I could leave it straight ;)

Oh goodness. Appearance. I could go ON AND ON about things I do and don't like!

My hair styles throughout my all star career.
05-06: Half up half down; straight. Hated it for the whole team, especially on girls with longer hair. SO sloppy looking while competing.
06-07: Poof and a high pony tail; straight (if long enough). Love it. Clean, classy and athletic looking. My favorite.
07-08: Half up half down; curly. Not my favorite (especially on me). I have super fine hair that can't hold a curl for over a half hour. The only time I like this look is when it looks good on EVERY girl on the team and if it holds.
08-09: Poof and high pony tail; straight. But my hair wasn't long enough so I had my hair half up half down in a poof.
09-10: Half up half down; curly. No poof. My hair was WAY too short for this, even shorter than the previous season (as you can see in my facebook pictures). One reason I cut my hair is because I hate curls in my hair. So I cut it so I could leave it straight ;)

AMEN!!! I cannot stand that look! It only looks good on short hair (flyers on orange).

I like the half up half down curly look w/ a poof. Straight back high pony tails are so boring to me. Imo every cheer hair style looks better w/ a poof & bow. I love curls!!!

How do people fix their hair at competition? Over here (Sweden) we HAVE to tie or braid up all of our hair, if its longer than shoulder-length. So we compete with a LOT of braids ;)

How do you fix your hair? =D

I would love to see some pictures!

08-09: High straight ponytail with a poof
09-10: Hair parted on the side, bangs pinned down the side and hair in a high pony tail. Actually looked really good! But it was complicated and hard to do.
10-11: Depeneds on the team but my team does high ponytail (straight) with poof, but shorter hair does half up half down with a poof (like mine)

All up curled with a poof and no fly aways... we can wear it to the side or right on top our head

I've competed with a straight pony, half up half down straight, and straight pony with a poof.

HATE half up half down. I'm sorry, but it was miserable for me. We had to wear this super bright and sticky lip stick and my hair would always get stuck in it when I competed.

Straight ponies are so easy. I don't know why more gyms don't do it. Why add unnecessary stress on competition day by trying to tie in hair pieces or perfectly curl 9408089578 strands of hair only to have it get in the way? STRAIGHT PONY or pony with a poof please.

No offense to gyms that do half up half down and curls. But I feel like the only gyms who really nail it are Top Gun and Gymtyme. And those girls spend HOURS upon HOURS on their hair.

I've competed with a straight pony, half up half down straight, and straight pony with a poof.

HATE half up half down. I'm sorry, but it was miserable for me. We had to wear this super bright and sticky lip stick and my hair would always get stuck in it when I competed.

Straight ponies are so easy. I don't know why more gyms don't do it. Why add unnecessary stress on competition day by trying to tie in hair pieces or perfectly curl 9408089578 strands of hair only to have it get in the way? STRAIGHT PONY or pony with a poof please.

No offense to gyms that do half up half down and curls. But I feel like the only gyms who really nail it are Top Gun and Gymtyme. And those girls spend HOURS upon HOURS on their hair.

HOURS upon HOURS.. Lol it doesn't take that long to roll up your hair, which is prob done the night before. I know some people may use a curling iron, but it's really not that complicated. Curls don't get in your face if they are neat. There are a lot of gyms that nail curls! Curls are fab!

HOURS upon HOURS.. Lol it doesn't take that long to roll up your hair, which is prob done the night before. I know some people may use a curling iron, but it's really not that complicated. Curls don't get in your face if they are neat. There are a lot of gyms that nail curls! Curls are fab!
I agree, I'm sure there are more gyms who nail the curls. Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh, but I'm just not a fan of the look. Props to anyone who could pull that off, because I'm such a perfectionist (and cursed with very fine hair) that I would be locked up in the hotel bathroom for hours fighting with my hair.

Back