All-Star Competition Hairstyles

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do u do this? iron or curlers? Any special tricks??

We go half up half down curls!

2uf7zme.jpg

ehzp1h.jpg

We wear our high in a high pony tail, with no fly aways at all and if your hair is to short for the high pony tail we used to just use headbands but they kept falling out so now its just half up and half down with your bow.

I'll get the name of the product tonight when I see them at practice. There is no major trick to it. It's mostly knowing your hair. It's got to be a little dirty to hold the curls, and then if you have naturally curly hair - you might need to blow it out first.
The one secret is Foam rollers and also the direction you roll the hair in the curlers. You want roll the hair the way you want the hair to fall (if that makes sense). Roll the hair on the VERTICAL plane - not the horizontal - that way the curls fall down and are bouncy. The only other tip is make sure you only use small sections of hair. Too much hair is going to not hold a curl, and too little is going to not look good. It takes about 1 hour to get them done- and sleep in the curlers overnight ;-)

I think curls died then came back IMO. I'm seeing more and more teams with curls now than say 2 years ago. My personal favourite to wear is all up straight with bangs to the side. Makes your face look nicer :) and also a bit of back combing to make the top of the pony stand up above the bow.

I love having hair half up half down, but at my squad everyone has to have it scraped back exactly the same, then we backcomb the end to make it all poofy!

anybody remember university cheer air force minis (2003?) when they had a Seuss theme? that was ADORABLE hair!

personally i like straight pony tails with big bows and then if you have short hair half up half down, i lovvveee that look! and ive never competed with my hair half up half down (my hairs pretty long) but it seems kinda annoying...

Just the same way I do it everyday, guys have it easier lol. But if its a two day comp and I don't do well on day 1, I will do my hair completely different for day 2. Its my way of saying day 2 will be a completely new day.

I'll get the name of the product tonight when I see them at practice. There is no major trick to it. It's mostly knowing your hair. It's got to be a little dirty to hold the curls, and then if you have naturally curly hair - you might need to blow it out first.
The one secret is Foam rollers and also the direction you roll the hair in the curlers. You want roll the hair the way you want the hair to fall (if that makes sense). Roll the hair on the VERTICAL plane - not the horizontal - that way the curls fall down and are bouncy. The only other tip is make sure you only use small sections of hair. Too much hair is going to not hold a curl, and too little is going to not look good. It takes about 1 hour to get them done- and sleep in the curlers overnight ;-)
Do you use any product, like hairspray, to make sure curl holds? or are you just magical :)

cheer air force minis (2003?) when they had a Seuss theme? that was ADORABLE hair!

I had to go look this up. My littlest ones do a cartoon theme but I love the idea of Dr Seuss. After seeing their hair I really want to do something like that, just need to find Dr Seuss music

let's see... here is a list of my past hairstyles:
1. high pony with fake curled hair, no poof
2. high straight pony, no poof
3. high straight pony, poof
4. half up-half down, no poof
5. half up-half down, poof

i think girls with hair below shoulders should put it all up. i HATE watching an amazing routine that gets ruined by girls messing with their hair and getting it out of their faces throughout the whole performance.

I had to go look this up. My littlest ones do a cartoon theme but I love the idea of Dr Seuss. After seeing their hair I really want to do something like that, just need to find Dr Seuss music

Did you find a video of the routine? I only saw a highlight video and thought the hair was so cute. I would love to see a routine video though

Back