All-Star Competitive Salary For Coaches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was casually complaining about something about work and my ex-bf asked "why don't you go work at a school?" And I literally guffawed in his face. Even having a Masters + 12 (needing to take 6 hrs to get the Masters + 18 salary here) I would have to work 6-7 years at a school to get the stair step raises just to make close to my current salary.

It's sad.

Especially considering librarians are underpaid already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am starting to think that only professional athletes, entertainers, and CEOs/upper lever management are the only people not underpaid.

I am starting to think that only professional athletes, entertainers, and CEOs/upper lever management are the only people not underpaid.

Yeah the work force is messed up. Jobs need to be filled. Jobs require degrees. More often than not debt is required to get the degree. Salaries don't reflect the amount of education needed for a positions (I.e Librarianship requires a masters)...or provide the income to get yourself out of debt

Now the response is go get a STEM job. Entry level stem majors make 60k a year in ????? Field !

Well I can't STEM, but I can research. So STeM isn't an option for me. There's not a profession that gets by with out librarianship whether y'all realize it or not. We need teachers to teach the little people that will become the Doctors and athletes and engineers and CEO's.

Ilike The New Orleans teacher turned rapper that rapped about paying off Sallie Mae with his record contract. He wasn't going to be able to pay that junk off any other way.

Can't win. Can't break even. Can't get out of the game

Never mind the fact that a college degree is the new high school diploma.

Yeah the work force is messed up. Jobs need to be filled. Jobs require degrees. More often than not debt is required to get the degree. Salaries don't reflect the amount of education needed for a positions (I.e Librarianship requires a masters)...or provide the income to get yourself out of debt

Now the response is go get a STEM job. Entry level stem majors make 60k a year in ????? Field !

Well I can't STEM, but I can research. So STeM isn't an option for me. There's not a profession that gets by with out librarianship whether y'all realize it or not. We need teachers to teach the little people that will become the Doctors and athletes and engineers and CEO's.

Ilike The New Orleans teacher turned rapper that rapped about paying off Sallie Mae with his record contract. He wasn't going to be able to pay that junk off any other way.

Can't win. Can't break even. Can't get out of the game

Never mind the fact that a college degree is the new high school diploma.

I want to shimmy your post a thousand times over.

Related: last year, when i was getting ready to move, I cried (like with actual tears) to my dad because the realization of how the world works finally hit me hard and I realized how I'm going to spend the rest of my life playing "the money game" and how it's not a game I can win. He looked at me and said, in that calm but realtalk dad tone, "Well Suzie, now you know why some people deal drugs or try to cheat the system to get ahead. We're all playing a game we are told we can win but in reality we cant. All you can do is keep playing." I feel like a got a huge wake up call after that was said to me. As much as my moral compass understands how wrong it is for people to do such things, I now understand why a lot of people do it. Some people don't have the things that a lot of us do that help us better our lives, mainly money or jobs with decent benefits or access to higher education, so they resort to those things out of desperation. Part of me can't fault people for trying to get ahead by breaking laws, even if it's something I don't agree with. I feel so much for those people. I have nothing but sympathy and understanding to send a lot of them. It's so sad.

I remember hearing that in Sweden (or was it Finland?) that to become a teacher, you have to score in the top 10% of your class when studying for the profession. And their schools are way better.

Back