All-Star Correct Basing Grips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have main base in a normal grip (flat pams facing up, fingers gripping tightly onto toes and heel). Side base has right hand under the flyers foot (between main bases hands) with thumb and fingers gibbing tightly on the foot. Front hand (left hand, grabs onto the main bases front wrist (left wrist). Back has hands on flyers ankle.

Main - Toe and Heel, facing towards the other base.
Secondary - (side, other base, whatever you may call it ) has left hand on bottom of foot in the middle. Right hand on the top of the foot more towards the ankle ( if that makes sense)
Back- Ankle and lower calf.

correct basing grip: however you must hold to keep the flyer in the air.
:D
(in case ya'll didn't note the sarcasm, maybe i'll find a video of me basing.... then you'll know do NOT do as i say hahahaha)

okay, found them.
example 1: (opening stunt, 4th over, front row once we move. basket farthest one right, luckily you cant see that very well...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClivqY_WTzY&feature=related

example 2: (opening stunt second from right, backrow. they got smart enough not to have me base baskets haha but hitch, directly left of center)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=351575070641&comments&set=t.1438071840&type=1

all i have to say, is i look like i'm trying to do the cha cha under neath those stunts. this isn't so you think you can dance. you don't get bonus points for multi tasking sadly.
it also looks like i'm trying to single base with the way im turned side ways. i may be a beast, but not that beastly haha
so all in all, i am using myself as the DONTS of basing hahahha

It probably all comes down to who you think should have the stunt over.

I think the 'main' is the person standing facing forward(ish). if this was a single based stunt this would be the only person holding the stunt. To me that is a main. When someone comes and stands on the side of that person they don't pull it over themselves. The stunt still remains over the main (who faces forward-ish) and the side helps hold the stunt over the main. When you are holding a stunt above you a hamburger grip simply won't work. If you are holding it over the side (the person who faces the side) a hamburger grip can work. But, holding a bases foot for them is like holding their butt up in a basket or stunt... you are just doing the flyers job for them.

I say forwardish because every stunt group has different people and different sizes there is no 'perfect' way to stunt. You might have mighty mite bases and an amazon backspot who can reach the waist and I can't really say that is 'wrong'. Stunting 60% technique and 40% make it work.

Back